3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > General chatter

General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

When Life Gives You Lemons.....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!
 
EZMONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 21,844

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default When Life Gives You Lemons.....

What in the heck do you do with them?

Angie's lemon tree is about ready to drop a bazillion lemons....we still have juice squeezed in freezer bags from the last bunch...used some on some chicken picatta tonight...

HELP!!
__________________
As long as I live I will TESTIFY HIS LOVE!

Last edited by EZMONEY : 01-03-2010 at 05:44 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
NEVER GIVE UP
 
Lori259's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: OHIO
Posts: 3,447

S/C/G: 259.9/165.6/135.0

Height: 5'6"

Default

EZ~You soooooooo crack me up~LOL

Angie~you got ya a funny guy!!
Thats had one to many Lemons!!! hahahahaa

P.s. By the way I think it would be so cool to see those purple bell bottoms!
__________________


One For every 10 Pounds Lost:

~~~~~~~ I Am A Calorie Counter & Proud Of It~~~~~~~
Click Below to see My Goal Pics Size 22 to size 2 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ml#post3626190
Started my weight loss journey on 11-11-08

Last edited by Lori259 : 11-15-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
HaleyisLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 1,158

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default

when life gives you an excessive amount of lemons....you set up a roadside stand and sell them... make a profit

Or you just rub it in the faces of all of us who dont live somewhere warm enough to grow a lemon tree
__________________



Impossible just takes a little bit longer



Starting Weight 290 BMI= 46.8
Mini Goal: 199 lbs BMI= 32.1 (Achieved 4/8/10)
Mini Goal: 185 lbs BMI= 29.9 (Achieved 6/4/10
Mini Goal: 154 lbs BMI= 24.9 (Normal Weight!!!! Achieved 10/5/10)
Goal Weight: 135 lbs BMI= 21.8
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
Moderating Mama
 
mandalinn82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Woodland, CA
Posts: 11,938

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Preserved lemons are easy to make at home for canning, and are a staple in Moroccan cooking. http://www.putsup.com/2009/05/glamor...ed-lemons.html

If you have drinking friends, you could use the zests to make large batches of limoncello...makes a wonderful, low cost Christmas gift! http://patty.vox.com/library/post/ho...ou-lemons.html

Or you could make a unique lemon jam or jelly or marmalade...this one is a honey lemon, and looks phenomenal. http://www.foodinjars.com/2009/04/09...mon-marmalade/

If you're running out of freezer space for the juice, you could always can it. It will keep 18 mo to 2 years without going bad, and won't take up the space in your freezer. http://www.pickyourown.org/lemonjuice.htm
__________________
Goal Met - 10/28/07 - My Progress Picture Collage - My Goal Story - Where Have I Been?

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!

Maintained Oct 2007-Sept 2011, then got pregnant. Our baby boy was born in May, 2012...now to lose the baby weight!!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
~Veronica~
 
VernDern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 579

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Default

Lemonade! Yummy! lol
__________________
Crazy nursing school student, wife, and mommy to an active 1 year old!
Highest weight: 277 Starting weight: 268 1st Mini Goal: 5% & 252

"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change.” -Bill Phillips
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
dutchgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 759

Height: 5'6"

Default

Italians make Limoncello, yummy!
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1087/limoncello

Edit: oops, Mandalinn, missed your reference to limoncello. The food in a jar site looks interesting!

Last edited by dutchgirl : 11-15-2009 at 11:33 PM.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
duckyyellowfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 997

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Default

my father made a compressor gun and uses it to launch lemons across the back field.
Or my cousins like to throw them them the fence in our backyard...makes a lovely air freshner.
Otherwise, I got nothing
__________________
“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.”

Gastric Sleeve Date: June 10th, 2014

duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #8
Back on Track 2 Healthy
 
cathydoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,869

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Default

Wow, I can't imagine having a lemon tree. I think it is cool. I suppose if you have lemons...then lots of other people have lemons...so giving them away probably isn't an option. Kinda like tomatoes here in the summer <smile> Me no nuttin bout lemons...just wanted to chime in...

Good luck! Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #9
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!
 
EZMONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 21,844

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default

EDIT ~

I posted pictures of Angie's bush in the original post....
__________________
As long as I live I will TESTIFY HIS LOVE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!
 
EZMONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 21,844

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post
EZ~You soooooooo crack me up~LOL

Angie~you got ya a funny guy!!
Thats had one to many Lemons!!! hahahahaa

P.s. By the way I think it would be so cool to see those purple bell bottoms!
No-no....no lemons in my Coors Light Bellbottoms...you just never know...getting bored here with this surgery recovery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyisLove View Post
when life gives you an excessive amount of lemons....you set up a roadside stand and sell them... make a profit

Or you just rub it in the faces of all of us who dont live somewhere warm enough to grow a lemon tree
Send a self addressed zip-lock and I will send ya back some juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Preserved lemons are easy to make at home for canning, and are a staple in Moroccan cooking. http://www.putsup.com/2009/05/glamor...ed-lemons.html

If you have drinking friends, you could use the zests to make large batches of limoncello...makes a wonderful, low cost Christmas gift! http://patty.vox.com/library/post/ho...ou-lemons.html

Or you could make a unique lemon jam or jelly or marmalade...this one is a honey lemon, and looks phenomenal. http://www.foodinjars.com/2009/04/09...mon-marmalade/

If you're running out of freezer space for the juice, you could always can it. It will keep 18 mo to 2 years without going bad, and won't take up the space in your freezer. http://www.pickyourown.org/lemonjuice.htm
Thank you Favorite One...the kidnapper makes limoncello....the creamy kind...very good...will never admit it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernDern View Post
Lemonade! Yummy! lol
Good idea
__________________
As long as I live I will TESTIFY HIS LOVE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!
 
EZMONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 21,844

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Italians make Limoncello, yummy!
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1087/limoncello

Edit: oops, Mandalinn, missed your reference to limoncello. The food in a jar site looks interesting!
You are hours behind DUTCH ...or is it ahead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
my father made a compressor gun and uses it to launch lemons across the back field.
Or my cousins like to throw them them the fence in our backyard...makes a lovely air freshner.
Otherwise, I got nothing
Can I come over and play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathydoe View Post
Wow, I can't imagine having a lemon tree. I think it is cool. I suppose if you have lemons...then lots of other people have lemons...so giving them away probably isn't an option. Kinda like tomatoes here in the summer <smile> Me no nuttin bout lemons...just wanted to chime in...

Good luck! Cathy
We leave buckets at church, marked free, between services...I think people ADD lemons to them!
__________________
As long as I live I will TESTIFY HIS LOVE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
GatorgalstuckinGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 2,649

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default

i'm going with the lemoncello suggestion...nothing is better then a nice yummie lemoncello....
__________________


the monkeys make me do it
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
Never Say Never
 
D22Guzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: california
Posts: 82

S/C/G: 233/210/135

Height: 5'2

Default

Lemon Fish!!! Mmmm...with Fresh Squeezed Lemonade Yum...and For Dessert A Lemon Pie...oh I Am Hungry...haha
__________________
MINI GOALS:
05/02/2010 200lbs
05/22/2010 190lbs
06/02/2010 180lbs




D22Guzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!
 
EZMONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 21,844

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
i'm going with the lemoncello suggestion...nothing is better then a nice yummie lemoncello....
Oh, I agree...unless the kidnapper wants to drink his brew with you...then it can be a bit "sour"....
__________________
As long as I live I will TESTIFY HIS LOVE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #15
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!
 
EZMONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 21,844

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D22Guzman View Post
Lemon Fish!!!
I think most of the fish I have caught in my life were lemon fish...
__________________
As long as I live I will TESTIFY HIS LOVE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2