3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Fort Hood Shooting (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/185914-fort-hood-shooting.html)

GradPhase 11-05-2009 05:21 PM

Fort Hood Shooting

I just woke up to the news here in AK. I'm an Army brat, grew up on Hood, and know a lot of friends there right now. After a very good cry, and calling around for a while to touch bases with a few people - my eyes are still glued to the news for any and all possible updates.

Are you at Ft. Hood? Do you have loved ones there? Are you unrelated but still effected? Just thought I'd open a thread for some sound-offs on it.

Lots, and lots, and lots, of prayers and good thoughts from my end for the friends, and families and neighbors of people effected. What a terrible, terrifying thing to happen...

HotWings 11-05-2009 05:40 PM

Wow... I had no idea. I am turning on the news now to check it out. What a horrible thing. Foxnews is saying all of the shooters (there were 3) were soldiers. :(

My heart & prayers go to all of those at Ft Hood & all those with loved ones there. :( :hug:

Sweetcaroline 11-05-2009 07:45 PM

I am so upset by this, I can't imagine anticipating deployment to serve and protect then being killed on your own soil... Heartbreaking............ I'm praying for the families and the souls of those lost in this horrible tragedy...

bargoo 11-05-2009 08:37 PM

Truly tragic, praying for the families affected by this. One of those killed was a civilian police officer and of course the family of the shooter is stunned by this news as well. So many sad families today, they all need prayers.

EZMONEY 11-05-2009 08:53 PM

Prayers for all of those that will suffer from this cowardly act.

RN BSN 2009 11-05-2009 09:00 PM

gosh, more bad publicity for muslims. arrrgh!

HotWings 11-05-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotWings (Post 3002399)
Wow... I had no idea. I am turning on the news now to check it out. What a horrible thing. Foxnews is saying all of the shooters (there were 3) were soldiers. :(

My heart & prayers go to all of those at Ft Hood & all those with loved ones there. :( :hug:

BTW.. it appears there was only the one shooter. The other two "suspects" taken into custody were apparently trying to stop the shooter (according to Fox News), so had to be detained for questioning. What amazes me, is that he was a MAJOR and was a PSYCHIATRIST helping soldiers at Walter Reed after they returned from their tours. He was vehemently against the war (according to the news) and did not want to be deployed, but was being deployed anyway.

I just don't get why he would take it out on so many other soldiers. Although, according to witnesses, he was targeting certain people that he knew that he may have had conflicts with. It's just so, so very sad. :(

Thighs Be Gone 11-05-2009 09:38 PM

NPR said the shooter was reprimanded a couple of years ago for voicing his Islamic beliefs as they directly related to Americans. It is what it is. When will we learn???????

Sweetcaroline 11-05-2009 09:45 PM

Fox just aired the press conference from Ft. Hood. The shooter is alive and in 'stable condition'.. The female civilian police woman who shot him is also alive, condition unknown.

Fat Pants 11-05-2009 09:47 PM

This is so heartbreaking. We just had several thousand soldiers and their familes from Hood move up here to Ft Carson. I have family serving in the Army..... this just makes me sick to my stomach.

HotWings 11-05-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetcaroline (Post 3002687)
Fox just aired the press conference from Ft. Hood. The shooter is alive and in 'stable condition'.. The female civilian police woman who shot him is also alive, condition unknown.

AMAZING! They have been saying on the news that he was one of the fatalities. Maybe he will survive so he can pay for his detestable crime. :mad: Praying all goes well for the officer!!

RN BSN 2009 11-05-2009 09:55 PM

Please do not think that this is islam. It's against islamic religious laws to kill others. Arrgh!

HotWings 11-05-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN BSN 2009 (Post 3002696)
Please do not think that this is islam. It's against islamic religious laws to kill others. Arrgh!

It is the radical fringe that is the problem, which makes it very difficult for all muslims. :hug: Even worse, they assimilate themselves into our society and rarely give clues they are radical. That tends to make everyone of that culture suspect. It is a very thin line to walk. :(

Thighs Be Gone 11-05-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN BSN 2009 (Post 3002696)

I thought the Quaran justified "defensive" behaviors in the name of Jihad any time believers feel attacked. Isn't the reward for these "defensive" behaviors great? Please explain. I can certainly quote several passages dignifying my statements here.

Institches21 11-06-2009 01:01 AM

My thoughts and prayers to all the families, and to all those brave men and women that fight so hard to protect us all.