3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Going sleeveless (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/184472-going-sleeveless.html)

Ufi 10-18-2009 01:27 PM

Going sleeveless

I have a very formal event to attend. After trying on a number of gowns, the one I liked the most (and could afford) was very long, black, and sleeveless. It felt so elegant, except for my jiggly arms. Looking at myself in the mirror, I decided that people who have a problem with my arms can just look somewhere else. I bought it, and I'm going to just go and enjoy myself.

SunshineCA 10-18-2009 01:39 PM

Good for you! :) Enjoy your event. ;)

Palestrina 10-19-2009 10:04 AM

Applause! I often take the "this is my body, deal with it!" approach myself.

However, every little bit we can do for ourselves to boost our confidence helps. Have you tried self-tanner? It really makes you look 10lbs lighter. Also right before I leave the house for a sleeveless formal function I like to do some push ups - pumps up your muscles and it's a trick male models use before they shoot shirtless ads.

Hamoco350 10-19-2009 12:08 PM

Amen to that! I remember for both of my proms, my jiggly arms were my greatest fear. I seriously even looked at gowns with sleeves at first. I finally decided that it was my prom, and if my jiggly arms want to jiggle, then darn it, they had every right! :lol:

Hamoco350 10-19-2009 12:09 PM

Oh, and have a good time! :)

Ufi 10-19-2009 07:46 PM

Thanks! And if anyone gives me any lip, I'll smack 'em with my arm flab!

srr728 10-30-2009 04:44 AM

it may be a little late, but my upper arms look like hams that hang at cracker barrel, but i let them all hang out at my wedding. Not worrying about them, made it wayyyy better than worrying about them! Let em all hang out girl ;)

melbellrocks 10-31-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ufi (Post 2978078)
Thanks! And if anyone gives me any lip, I'll smack 'em with my arm flab!

hahaha that visual made me giggle. As someone with ample arm-flab I can picture this all too well!

I'm so jealous of the freedom you have granted yourself. I will not even wear short sleeves in public, except to the gym because I don't have much choice. Of all the fat on my body my armfat is what I hate the most!

I only very recently was able to buy a cute shirt even though it clings to my belly a bit too much and just tell the world to deal with. I told myself that if someone can't tell I'm fat unless they see a roll poke out then they are just stupid anyway and who cares what they think. I haven't, however, been able to convince myself of that with my arms yet.

Good for you!!! Hope you had a great time!!

Ufi 11-01-2009 07:13 PM

It hasn't happened yet. I've been picturing the worst that could happen, and really, if anybody does say or do anything, it just makes that person look mean (at least, in my mind).

Smiling_Sara 11-02-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ufi (Post 2975725)
I have a very formal event to attend. After trying on a number of gowns, the one I liked the most (and could afford) was very long, black, and sleeveless. It felt so elegant, except for my jiggly arms. Looking at myself in the mirror, I decided that people who have a problem with my arms can just look somewhere else. I bought it, and I'm going to just go and enjoy myself.

Nobody should have a problem with how your arms look. If they do, they are the ones with some major issues. I'm sure you will look beautiful. If you get a chance you should post of pic of you in the dress for us. It sounds lovely. :)