General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Hubby and I suspected as much when we heard that the family had been on "Wife Swap" (twice apparently).

The more I read on the story, the fishier it sounded.
Gosh, I didnt know Wife Swap allowed "multiple swaps"....I think they are on to something....ROFLMAO.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Says here the parents had actually taken acting lessons which accounted for their being so convincing when they called the cops:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/19/us...n.html?_r=1&hp

Emmy and Golden Globe voters: for your consideration! Sounds like they belong on a reality show all right: I'd like to pitch a concept for a reality show where PITA rich folk and celebrities get sentenced to live in a trailer park for 6 months on a budget of $500/month, flipping burgers for a living, and see how long it takes before they climb the walls, and we all get to watch!

Last edited by ANOther; 10-18-2009 at 03:33 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

My Pastor is a pretty sharp guy...even for being 70 yrs. old

This morning his sermon was titled..."SO - What Does The Future Really Hold?" based on scripture James 4:13-17....

cliff notes version...we don't know the future

He started with a picture of the balloon - the family - and the young boy on the big screen....then he says in Colorado this week many of us saw the story of the balloon and the little boy....these parents had no idea that their day was going to be like this....at this time my son and dil look at me and we are "like....doesn't Pastor know?"....then Pastor says..."Now before you all get excited I understand this is probably a hoax....but I already wrote the sermon"........he is a funny guy!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #19  
Operator265

I'm sure they didn't realize they would be facing criminal charges.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #20  

And from what I hear...possibly going to lose custody of their children...guess they didnt think that sending their kid to the attic for 5 hours was ABUSE...idiots!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Ohh - I knew they were facing like 6 years in prison if found guilty, but I didn't know they might lose custody! I still can't believe they fooled the whole world practically.. I was on the elliptical and was watching the whole time. Geeeez.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #22  

http://www.people.com/people/article...313593,00.html
Hard way to learn a lesson, thats for sure!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Up to six years in prison and fines of up to $500,000...AND that doesn't include the wheat field the balloon and all the emergency equipment destroyed. The people who own the field said it only produces a crop every OTHER year, so they've lost a TON of income from their little scheme...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #24  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I read that the Colorado Sheriff is meeting with the FBI and Federal Aviation Officials to determine if there are federal charges that can be made - so I'd say prison time could be a lot more than 6 years. Because the military is involved, they could be in even more trouble for a much longer period.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #25  

OK, this story gets weirder and weirder by the minute. I just read that the Heene's believe they are descendents of aliens, and believe that the world is going to end in 2012. Apparently, the father (at least primarily, there's some conflicting reports as to whether the wife was actively involved or whether she may be an abused wife going along for the ride out of submission to weird hubby) concocted the hoax to make money quickly so that they could become rich enough to build a bunker undeground, where they can be safe from the sun exploding...

Ummm, I have news for Mr. Heene, if the sun explodes in three years, an underground bunker isn't going to help him any.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #26  

Or, call me cynical, could this be a bid for an insanity plea?
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Or, call me cynical, could this be a bid for an insanity plea?
Probably not, as this allegedly was known well before the balloon incident, apparently at least some of it (the "we're descended from aliens,") was weaved into one or both of the family's Wife Swap episodes, and the other part is being alleged by a former friend or acquaintence. He came out publicly (or perhaps was investigated) as being a possible co-conspirator - but he is alleging that Mr. Heene (alien-dad, as I now think of him - alien dad and balloon boy - now that does sound like a television show) contacted the man about helping him(Mr. Heene) with a publicity stunt (that this other guy alleges was not related to the boy and the weather balloon, and that in the end, he declined to help Mr. Heene, implying at least that when the ideas got too weird, or maybe illegal, he cut off contact with Mr. Heene).

Last edited by kaplods; 10-20-2009 at 12:38 AM.