General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #1  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Default CAN I remove gallstones naturally? OT

So, yesterday (on my day off no less) I had another gallbladder attack for 8 hours. I had to go to the hospital and they gave me medicine, and pills, and they told me that I might have to have surgery.

I don't want surgery. One I'm not cover in insurance and Im afraid. I've been looking online to see if I can remove gallstones naturally and they all say something different.

I was wondering of anyone else has had trouble in this area, or has known someone who has and if there is a natural way to get rid of them.

thanks for listening.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:36 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi!

By the time you are having gall bladder attacks, the problem is really too big to try self-treatment.

I was afraid of the surgery too, but it wasn't a big deal at all. The laparoscopic surgery just means three or four small incisions and an overnight stay in the hospital. If there are complications, then sometimes a different approach has to be taken--but your surgeon can advise you about it.

I didn't have insurance when I had my gall bladder removed. I had one huge stone, about an inch in diameter--no way was that coming out on its own. The bill was something like $6,000 (this was 12 years ago), but I talked with the hospital about a discount and also with my surgeon's billing. The anesthesiologist wouldn't negotiate. At any rate, it took me about 3 years to pay off the surgery with monthly payments.

If it has to be done, it has to be done!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote