General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #1  

Default Adderall

Does anyone here take Adderall? Are there any major side-effects from taking Adderall? My friends tell me it's great if you have trouble focusing and it also helps them lose weight. I really don't know much about it and don't know if I should be concerned for my friends or if this is something I should I ask my doctor about taking myself.
noelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #2  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Adderall is a prescription prescribed by your doctor. Personally, and this is only IMO I believe there are better alternatives such as non stimulant medication if it is deemed necessary by your doctor. I also believe in holistic approaches. You'd be surprised how much good a good night's sleep and exercise can do for your focus. Also, it may not be related to some form of ADD/ADHD.

Also, do NOT use this as a method of weight loss. I have seen a lot of people try this to lose weight as it suppresses your appetite. It does nothing but make you gain the weight back quickly in the long run and can also cause serious health issues (kidney failure, liver issues, heart issues) over time.

Oh -- and there are ALWAYS side effects to every drug. Some are more extreme than others. The doctor can go over all of this if they decide its right for you and let you know all of your options.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Feral; 09-29-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You need to check out the supplements Attend, Memorin and Estress.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
You need to check out the supplements Attend, Memorin and Estress.
ok! thank you for the recommendation. Have you tried these?
noelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #5  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Adderall is a serious medication used by people for ADHD and the like.... my brother uses it actually, and seriously needs it. However, over the years many people have started to abuse it for the same reasons you listed above and not only have they had health problems later on down the road, but any weight loss they got while using it usually came back on after they stopped taking it, plus some! Which is almost always the case with any kind of weight loss pill/supplement.

There is no quick fix, no easy route, to getting healthy. It is hard work, eating right, and exercising that will make you the size you need/want to be. Nothing else.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #6  

Are there any side effects of Adderall? Short term? Long term?
MommaV is offline   Reply With Quote