General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-01-2009, 03:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Default HELP! Hair dye on my hands!!!

I just finished dying my sister's hair and when I took off the gloves I realized there was a hole in the glove so some of the dye seeped into the gloves and now I have some big black hair dye stains on my hands! Anyone have any idea on how to get the hair dye out?
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:32 AM   #2  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Water or makeup remover usually gets it off for me. The problem is always my nails-- which I have to trim down or cover in dark nail polish!

Good luck!!! That's always frustrating when you find out you accidentally dyed more than your hair!!
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #3  

Hey thanks for the tip, I just got to reading your post and the dye is already fading away by itself except for the dye that is on my nails! So dark and still there! I tried nail polish remover lol but its still there =( I guess I will paint over my nail with a super dark color !
Old 10-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

Magic Eraser works for me in my shop when it gets on the floor or the counter. Soft Scrub with bleach will work, too. Any kind of bleach, for that matter, will work. Just wash throughly with soap and water and moisturize after. Other than that, it should go away after a shower or two.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Yes, I agree with the bleach suggestion. I've sprayed Clorox Cleanup (with bleach) to clear up my nails after hair dye leakage. Good luck!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:16 AM   #6  

Thanks a for the tip both of ya. I still have a black stain on one of my finger nail and people always ask me what happen to your finger! They keep thinking I got it smashed on something cause it looks like a bruise lol anyways I will try the bleach trick