General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

Online on a Final Fantasy message board Oh to be young and geeky!
ibcnuldu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:00 AM   #107  

Myspace ~ Talked for 2 months online/phone before I met him in person. Even before I saw him I knew he was the one. I finally started believing that you will know when it happens!
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #108  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

came back 'home' after a long over due break up, went to work at the hotel down the street as the front office manager, and kept hearing about the 'hot bartender' in the lounge. I worked mornings for a month or 2, never saw him.
On my first evening shift, in he walked, charming, flirting and flashing a smile. Being a bartender myself for years, I didn't buy into that and when the girls at the desk asked me "So - what do you think, isn't he hot?" they were a little shocked when I laughed and said, "Actually, no"
Little did I know he overheard me (the lounge backdoor opened up by my office) so he figured ohh a challenge, this girl thinks she wont fall to my charm.
He came up and introduced himself, threw some lines at me and was SHOCKED when I threw some right back at him
Apparently I was the only girl he met that didn't fall all over him and that intrigued him, and he chased me. . . . for a year

We learned 2 years later my former sister inlaw dated my SO's best friend in high school and I had actually met him 5 years before working with him. . . . and he bartended with my brother durring that time frame too. This city is WAY too small.

Im still amused when I think about that day he tried to run game on me and didn't know what to do when I ran it back on him ha ha. Boys are so funny.

Last edited by Coondocks; 01-12-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #109  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I have many loves of my life, but the "official" one I met while drunk at a pizza parlor in the wee hours when I was in college. I was with my ex at the time, saw PB (Perfect Boyfriend), decided I was going to pursue him, and shoved my ex out the door the next morning to do a bit of Facebook stalking. I found PB, sent him a cheeky "we met last night, you're cute" message, he responded in kind, we set up a date, and now we've been together for 4 1/2 years. He's in Japan too which worked out nicely.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #110  
banned

When I was seventeen I would go on this chatroom thing called the doll palace, and one day I had put up a pretty morbid avatar, and was in a room by myself. I was kind of dazed off, and kind of bored, and was just hanging out in that empty, virtual room, then an avatar with the name Martin appeared, passed by, and then came back. He then started IMing me, asking me why I was by myself, and I said I was depressed. Then he asked me if I needed a friend, and I said yes. Soon we exchanged pictures. And for a while, we chatted off and on, and then more frequently. Then one night after I got dumped by a boyfriend, he asked if he could call me, and I gave him my phone number. That's when we started talking on the phone every night for long hours.

Nearly two years after that first phone call, he came to visit me in TN. He lived in CA. We spent almost two weeks together, and then we ran away and got married in a courthouse (my parents weren't too thrilled with that).

We've been married now for 5 years and 2 months. My parents realized that we were really in it for the long-run, and that we really love each other, so there is no longer any tension between us.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:00 AM   #111  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Somehow we wound up living in the same dorm in the early '90's. He was a year ahead of me and lived 2 floors down. We started noticing each other and were making friends with some of the same people, so we fell in step pretty soon after that.

Been together ever since.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

He was dating my good friend, when we were in grade 11. We all hung out ALL the time, we were great friends. Then my friend dumped him in first year university, and got together with his best friend. Then, I got together with him (just kinda happened). We got married, and my good friend married my DH's best friend, and then we were all good friends!! (they are now divorced, but we have been happily married for almost 10 years!).
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #113  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

I love this thread!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

We met at work a gazillion years ago. He's a West Coast boy; I've lived all over the country. As a result, he thought I had a strange way of pronouncing a lot of words and told me so. Needless to say, that didn't endear him to me. While working the weekend, though, we got to talking about Star Trek. (Yes, that's right: I'm a Trekkie since birth. So sue me. ) That was that: it was kismet. He said he had something to show me, so we went to Vegas the next weekend and hung out the whole time at Star Trek: The Experience. It was the best weekend ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcnuldu View Post
Online on a Final Fantasy message board Oh to be young and geeky!
Sadly, I'm 37 and geeky. I'm actually pretty "normal," though. I just happen to like science fiction and fantasy. (I only dress up at Halloween. Really.)

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 01-13-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #115  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

A friend of mine, Rose, was hired to be my partner's temporary replacement while my partner was on maternity leave. They became good friends, and for several months, all I heard from Rose was what a great time the two of them were having taking road trips, playing card games and generally hanging out. I finally met this "amazing woman" around that time and we became friends, but we didn't start dating for another six years. It was New Years Eve 2000, we were ready for the world to end (Y2K, you know), and something just clicked when I looked at her that night. We've been married nine years now, and I'm happier than I've ever been.
reji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #116  
Adopt A Shelter Pet

S/C/G: 171/166/138

Height: 5'7

My husband and I met when we were both in the Army. He lived in the room across from mine in the barracks. 13 years, 4 major moves, and umpteen deployments later, we're still happy.
DingoK8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I gave birth to her and she has been the center of my universe ever since. I believe there is no stronger love than the love of a mother for her child. And for me that is the only real True Love.
The Last Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Powerhouse View Post
Sadly, I'm 37 and geeky. I'm actually pretty "normal," though. I just happen to like science fiction and fantasy. (I only dress up at Halloween. Really.)
I'm 27 and my husband's 38 and we're so geeky. If it weren't for video games we never would have met:

I played a video game for years, it was aging so it had a very small population left so everyone knew everyone. When I moved to DFW, I found out some guys were having a LAN party at their house (everyone brings their PCs, drinks, plays games) so I went with my boyfriend at the time.

Flashforward like three years, Everquest 2 comes out and I get a few guys to play with me. My DH, whom I'd never really spoken to as he was newer, decided to come play with us as well. All the other guys left for other games pretty quickly and that left DH and myself. We ended up talking from 10pm to 6 am every night. I found out he was in the Navy along with some of the other guys I'd met previously and only lived about 50 miles away.

Given I knew people he worked with in the military, I figured he couldn't be a total psycho, and even if he was, my horrible tragic death would be able to be traced to him easily (yeah, I'm morbid.) So, coming off a year long relationship with a total A-hole, we decided to met for drinks on the Saturday before Valentine's day because we didn't have anything else to do.

Then we met again two weeks later, then I stayed at his place for a week another two weeks later. About six months later we moved in together. Married about two years after we met.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:26 AM   #119  

not yet
Francyfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #120  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Short version: He was my teacher. *blush*

Longer version: I was actually engaged to another fellow, but we were having serious problems, and had been for awhile. DH had a serious girlfriend at the time, but they were have serious problems, and had been for awhile. I was looking for a career change and started chasing my lifelong passion: to work in the videogame industry. I took a Game Art & Design diploma at a local college, where DH taught.

I knew I was in trouble the second he walked into the room: he was young (26, and I was 24) and so hot that my jaw dropped, and I'm not a physical appearance type of person. I leaned over to my friend and said, "Holy f***, I'm in trouble." Haha! I tried to deny it, but it became more and more apparent that I was falling for him. I had had infatuations before while with my ex-fiance, but this was something much more, and I was torn apart by guilt. Because my ex-fiance and I had zero communication skills, I didn't even mention it to him...and so things got worse. (Turns out my ex had his own infatuation, too...that relationship should have ended way before that!)

Anyway, I had DH for two semesters, and halfway through, we actually ended up (coincidentally) breaking up with our partners at almost the exact same time. By that point, we were acquaintances outside of class, so we helped each other through the breakups a bit. My stupid crush grew and grew and I HATED it!! By this point most of my classmates knew about it (they tried to make us sit together during extracurricular activities and stuff to set us up), but I wouldn't dare do anything to tarnish my reputation! I told myself that I'd confess my feelings to him once I had finished his classes, and only then. The countdown started. Four weeks...three...two...

And then he started dating another gal, right before the last class. I was pretty upset, but tried my best to move on. "It was a silly student crush anyway. Pathetic." I'm usually good at moving on, but it was like my mind was fixated on him. I started having dreams that we were married and living together and all this unhelpful, stalker-like stuff. It drove me mad!

Meanwhile, we became very close friends. He was the teacher contact for one of our after-school clubs, and because we lived close by, he started giving me rides home, which gave us time to talk. Then we started chatting online, and soon connected in a huge way about many, many different things. I even coached him through issues with his new gal pal (trying to save that relationship was SO hard on me, haha, but I figured that as his friend, I should want him to be happy), and then consoled him when they decided to stop seeing each other.

Anyway, eventually, a friend's comment on a blog post revealed to DH that I liked him...and so I took him for coffee and told him how I felt. We spent another week as friends, discussing what a relationship would be like, what we'd learned from our failed relationships, and other things (health problems, long term goals, etc.) It was like we were negotiating the terms of our relationship before it began. :P

And then, we started dating. Three years later, he proposed. Now, almost two years after that, we're happily married and better than ever. Not a bad ending to a ridiculously silly student crush!

Last edited by maalisse; 01-17-2011 at 03:40 PM.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote