3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   ipod touch users!! How useful is 8gb? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/182422-ipod-touch-users-how-useful-8gb.html)

nelie 09-22-2009 09:59 PM

ipod touch users!! How useful is 8gb?

Ok so today I bought the 8gb itouch but I'm thinking of taking it back. I have 90 days to return so I may give it a spin for a week but I started looking at the apps available and the apps are 2-3gb!!

I won't really be using it for music and even so, all my music would fit on 1gb. I was thinking more for books and for the calorie counting software. Should I take it back and get the 64gb?

harrismm 09-22-2009 10:33 PM

I would Nelie.It really is not much more considering what you get in return.I initially looked at the 8g touches for my kids to save money but decided against it for that reason.I have an ipone not a touch myself.I love mine for movies while flying.

harrismm 09-22-2009 10:35 PM

The applications I have are 2-3mb not 2-3 gb.Not sure what you are downloading though.:)

nelie 09-22-2009 10:48 PM

hah! I'm stupid :) I started noticing 2-3 mb apps and even less and I was wondering why the other ones I was looking at were in the gig range. I went back and yup they are 2-3 mb, not gig!

So in reality, the 8mb would probably cover me for most things I would want it for but I'll probably switch to the 32 gb since I also read the new 8gb ipod isn't new just repackaged while the 32 and 64 are new.

Hamoco350 09-22-2009 11:34 PM

Absolutely! I wish I could .. I received my 8gb as a gift, and mine is mostly for music .. I can't fit even half of my music on there! I love the Ipod touch, though .. apps are pretty much out of the question for me! Haha. :)

melwolfe 09-23-2009 12:18 AM

I have a ton of apps on my 8G touch and kindle books and lots of music and still nowhere near filling it up.

If you're not using it for music so much then I would think that is plenty sufficient but it's really up to you. If you have the $$ then why not get the bigger one if you're worried.

harrismm 09-23-2009 12:20 AM

Lose it app is free and AWESOME!!

TamiL 09-23-2009 04:33 AM

8 gig is plenty for me. I rotate music so I only have about a gig of music on mine right now. I maybe have a gig of apps. I just love this thing though.

pintobean 09-23-2009 07:17 AM

There's never enough space ;). Also, today you might not need the space but who knows maybe in 6 months you will. I'd go back and get the 32 GB. I have a 2nd gen and is 16 GB. I do like the new one with the added camera feature. I am so tempted to sell mine and get a new one :D .

CyndiM 09-23-2009 07:26 AM

I've got an 8gb and tons of apps loaded including one with a huge database and still haven't made a dent in the space. As others have said it depends on what you want it for. If you plan to store lots of music or video files you will need more space, but for more typical use you won't. I never even filled my 2gb iPod even with 4 audio books, podcasts and music. But then I store my music on my computer and make a variety of playlists on my iPod. For me it's easier and more user friendly not to have all the music I won loaded on my iPod :shrug:

losermom 09-23-2009 10:39 AM

I've found that my 8gb itouch is plenty for me. If I want to add movies for travel, I just take off some of my music to accommodate them. I'm going to 2nd the suggestion of the Lose it app! LOVE IT!

Glory87 09-23-2009 10:49 AM

My last iPhone was 8GB and it just wasn't enough space - I constantly having to make room. I have the 16GB now and it's awesome!

time2lose 09-23-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

melwolfe originally posted - I have a ton of apps on my 8G touch and kindle books and lots of music and still nowhere near filling it up.
I didn't know that you can put Amazon's kindle books on an itouch! I have been debating between several electronic devices and that helps me. Is it easy to read on the itouch?

nelie 09-23-2009 11:49 AM

I am erasing the 8gb as we speak. I talked to my husband and he encouraged me to get the 64gb BUT I don't even know if I will use it that much. I have a nano that has been sitting unused for 2 years :) So I went back and got the 32GB.

Not only does it have the kindle software but there are tons of free books. I downloaded a few classics yesterday as I was perusing. I started reading and they are easy to read.