General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #1  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Default Asked out

A guy asked for my phone number. I haven't gone on a date in years and have pretty much written off the idea. I thought maybe, once I'd lost a lot of weight ... I was feeling pretty good, but now I'm terribly self-conscious about my body. He seemed like a friendly guy, but part of me hopes he doesn't call to plan a time because dating has just been such a painful process in the past. It has taken a lot of work to get me feeling good about myself, and I don't want to lose that. Anybody out there gone back to dating after a long break? I feel like I don't even know what to do.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

nice compliment no matter what you decide to do. you can always tell him you're not ready, if that's how you feel.

on the other hand, it might be a good opportunity for you for you to go out and have a nice time with a guy. You can pull the plug at any time (hope you don't mind me calling it an early night). Leave any expectations at home, and just look at it like an exploration.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #3  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

omg i know exactly how you feel .... its a tough spot idk how to handle it myself .... its not easy to accept the fact that someone else may like you just as you currently are but the truth of the matter is that you are your own worst critic he liked something about you , thats why he asked you out .... the initial spark is there take a chance girlie ... go and have fun you deserve it !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #4  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! If a guy asked for your number, he obviously fancies you!

Remember, you are capable of being loved and you are entitled to love and happiness. You are a great person, and the people who can see beyond weight problems or social 'norms' are the types of people you should be associating yourself with.

Go for it - what's the worst that can happen, really? The worst that can happen is it goes wrong, you feel a bit embarrassed or upset or awkward, you shrug it off, you get on with your life.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

After my ex and I broke up about 10 years ago, I never thought I'd date again.

But, you know, a lot of guys like women "with a little meat on their bones" as the saying goes. My opinion - go for it if he asks you out. Don't place a huge amount of hope or meaning in early dates, though. Just go to have a good time and relax.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/169/125

Height: 5'4"

Go, have fun but if you don't think he will make a good companion one day, move on. It will be good exposure to getting back in the game and get your social skills up to par.
talesfromafatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #7  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Thanks. It was just so unexpected.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote