This is why you're fat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • The title of this thread is the name of a website I had sent to me. I found it really beneficial in making me want to eat as healthy as possible.

Warning: Really disgusting pictures of food that you may or may not want to admit to ever indulging in.

This is why your fat
  • Haha I have seen that before.
  • i just dont get it.. most of those foods look disgusting.. i dont know how people eat that stuff.. and what is with all the bacon with chocolate? ewww lol
  • I am sure it is stuff people put together as a concept of what overweight/obese/morbidly obese people eat but it is not true, at least for the most part or so I like to believe anyway. It is not true for me. Yes, I made bad food choices to get me to 330 pounds, no doubt there, but it wasn't the mixture and combinations anything like on that site
  • I'm with onederchic. Even at my top weight I tended towards relatively healthy foods - just way too much of them. I would say my biggest weakness was the salty / sweet / sour combinations I would buy at the bulk food store - macadamia nuts, chocolate caramel balls, sour gums. I was rarely a chips / ice cream person, and although at some point I was a fast food type, never fries, and haven't been for about 5 years now. My regain that started the losing this time was almost completely on what most people would consider 'good food'.

I posted a copy of the double-down (the new KFC item) on another board I post on. I'm amazed how many of the fitness junkies were all over it as a 'gotta try it'. And the more recent poll on there is on deep fried oreos (ick) where the 'yum' vote was last winning.
  • I ate a lot of unhealthy stuff at my top weight, but nothing that creative. Traditional burger and fries was good for me. The stuff on there does look gross. I was reading some of them to my (skinny) co-worker and her response was "mmm, that sounds good!" haha eww
  • That made me feel queasy
    I like myself too much to eat that kind of stuff.
  • I particularly like the " Double bypass burger". Cute title.
  • Yeah, we know that site only too well. Oh puh-leeze, I'm going to the state fair on Monday, all that deep-fried junk, I can't imagine how anybody could find that appetizing
  • Ewwwwww....I'm soooooooo NOT fat because of those gross foods, lol!!
  • not even gonna lie- i'd do a face plant in some tempura bacon!! lol.

everything else for the most part grossed me out! that's a good sign, riiiight?
  • Quote: not even gonna lie- i'd do a face plant in some tempura bacon!! lol.

everything else for the most part grossed me out! that's a good sign, riiiight?
  • all of the bacon/meat/grease stuff - doesnt do it for me. the sweets on there, though - sign me up!
  • IMO most of these things were concocted for the sole purpose of e-fame.
  • A friend linked me to the site a while back, and it was interesting to check out again and see all the new stuff. If I remember right, my friend was looking into making some kind of meat dish with a wrap *woven* out of bacon strips.

My mother actually made one of the featured desserts once for my birthday way back when I was in grade school, and I really don't think it was bad enough to be featured here . . . the ice cream cone cupcakes, although her version didn't have that huge glop of frosting on the top. Thought it was a unique and my classmates loved it!

But most of those treats . . . I really don't get it. I could probably like some of those desserts in small amounts, but I was never much of a meat person. Those deep-friend, meat-stuffed concoctions are way too much for me!