General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

People take their dogs to the mall? Uhh I don't go to the mall.

I take my dogs a lot of places but I wouldn't leave them in the car by themselves for an extended period of time. Usually it is spring/fall only and limited summer/winter days due to heat/cold.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

What a sad story. It is against the law in Virginia - I wonder what will happen to her.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

it is against the law here in California too
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm wondering what the laws specifically say in various states. In MD, the law is you can't put your dog/animal in danger. Which means you could leave them in the car if they were 'safe'. Of course it leaves room for interpretation and an officer could cite you if they deemed your animals to be in danger.

Edited to add - I went and tried to find the Virginia law and there is no specific Virginia law unless it was adopted within the past couple months. Although you can be charged with 'cruelty to animals'.

California law looks to be similar to MD law in that it is a judgement call although I see other places that say it is against the law at any time in CA to leave your animal in the car unattended but that appears to be an interpretation of the law rather than the actual law.

Last edited by nelie; 08-26-2009 at 09:35 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
California law looks to be similar to MD law in that it is a judgement call although I see other places that say it is against the law at any time in CA to leave your animal in the car unattended but that appears to be an interpretation of the law rather than the actual law.
I certainly always thought it was against the law in CA! I suppose I never had a need to clarify.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I wish there was a law in PA... people take their dogs everywhere and don't realize how dangerous it can be for just a short time and even if you have the windows cracked. There was a story in the paper this summer about a dog that died in about 80 degree weather for half an hour in a car.

At least I don't see it here in Arizona - I'd really lose it then!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
If my girls go with me to the store IRIS I make sure to bring an extra key for my truck....that way I can keep the truck running and the air going.
And take the chance that your truck is going to be stolen while you're in the store?? Nuh-uh. Keep the girls @ home if it's so hot
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote