General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default I HOP, Do You?

We have an I-Hop opening up today about 3/4 of a mile from us. The line was 20 deep out the door when I came home from the grocery store.

Angie and I discussed, on our way to the beach this morning, if we thought we would go much. Probably not.

We have a much better place on the other end of town to go to for breakfast, a place that a friend of ours owns, that we go to.

However, for the most part we like to go to the beach or harbor and walk the dogs, get tomato/basil/egg or cheese/egg croissants at the beach cafes. Or walk down to the Starbucks for coffee and a tea and scone for Angie. Thinking about doing a Subway breakfast, which is near us and has outside tables, so the mutts can come along.

I am sure we will visit I-HOP....we have a history there....

Back when we were dating and poor....we would use the "buy one get one entree free" coupon for date night on the night the kids were at the ex's.

So...if you HOP....what is good there?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I get the "Create Your Own" omelet - I order it with eggbeaters, mushrooms, onion, spinach, oven roasted tomatoes , peppers with a little provolone cheese on top. Yum!

Last edited by murphmitch; 08-23-2009 at 07:36 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have never even seen an I HOP
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

IHop actually has a special menu with healthier choices. We ate there for breakfast this morning and I was impressed with the better choices that they offer

I had the Harvest Grain and Nut Healthy Combo with sugar free syrup. Not something that I would want to do everyday, but it was good for a breakfast out with the BF.

Last edited by Mom2QJandT; 08-23-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I've been to ONE in my life and I've never, ever seen so much FOOD on one plate...no wonder I weighed what I did

I tend to choose to stay away from those places, as way too much temptation for me there...so I dunno what is good, but I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience there!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

The harvest grain and healthy nut combo IS pretty good... so is the garden vegetable omelet, also on the better choices menu. In fact, their better choices menu is not half bad! I like most of the stuff on it.

Now, if you would like to make a BAD choice (one that tastes so good), I highly recommend the blueberry danish crepes. It's like dessert for breakfast. Heck, most of their pancake stacks are, too -- my sister (who is a BIG eater... she can put ME to shame, which is hard ) got the butterscotch walnut pancakes there once and couldn't even eat the whole thing. I had a bite of it... mighty good...
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
got the butterscotch walnut pancakes there once and couldn't even eat the whole thing. I had a bite of it... mighty good...
I was drooling just looking at that on the menu!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have been seeing the ads on TV. Pancakes with whipped cream and fresh fruit. ! Wow! Did it look good. I have so far managed to avoid it.
Onderchic, IHOP stands for International House Of Pancakes.

Last edited by bargoo; 08-23-2009 at 10:37 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

We don't have one, so DH and I eat there very rarely, and only while vacationing.

We like the garden omelet, and we split it between the two of us.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I once got the chocolate chip pancakes there for dinner (my excuse was that I was sick... not like THAT's going to help me recover, lol!) and they were fantastic.

I tried actual dinner food there once or twice and didn't like anything I got. So I stuck to the breakfast menu from then on - usually omelettes.

I haven't been to IHOP in a few years, I don't think they have one where I'm living now.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #11  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

A friend just went to I-HOP - we used to go regularly but I cannot resist biscuits and they are not OP - anyway, she said they make their omelets with pancake batter. Is it true?

Last edited by inthemidst; 08-24-2009 at 08:54 AM.
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #12  
Midwesterner

The menu says they add a "splash" of pancake batter to the omelets. I think it's supposed to make them fluffier. I ordered the custom omelet with eggbeaters and asked for it to be left out.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #13  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Maybe my experience is unusual, but we haven't been to an IHOP in probably 10 years, since the last 2 times we had gone, it was absolutely the dirtiest, nastiest restaurant I had ever been into. Maybe it was the location, but it was in an area where I had grown up and all the other restaurants were clean and seemed safe to eat in, or maybe things have changed in the last few years, but I just can't bring myself to go in an IHOP.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The IHOP's around here , and other places I have traveled are clean and neat and very busy. Getting away from pancakes , my son dropped by yesterday and brought me two tamales and some of the worst jelly beans I have ever tasted. BACON JELLYBEANS !! yep, you heard me, bacon flavored jelly beans, they are terrible !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #15  
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
The menu says they add a "splash" of pancake batter to the omelets. I think it's supposed to make them fluffier. I ordered the custom omelet with eggbeaters and asked for it to be left out.
I was TOTALLY horrified the first time I heard about this pancake batter/omelet Frankenstein combination. It is the perfect example about how hard it can be to be diligent when you eat out. Read the fine print---if you're lucky there is fine print. If you're not, it's a big gamble and even when we have a clue about good nutrition, heaven only knows WTH they're adding to supposed "healthy fare" in the back.

The local IHOP is poorly run and I think a little gross.
I've eaten there twice and we ate at one traveling this summer.
I got a custom omelet with egg whites (I think) and veggies, but as is the usual occurrance with these orders---I could make it WAY yummier and probably healthier at home. For cheaper.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote