3FC mentioned in Oprah Magazine!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was reading the September 2009 Oprah magazine yesterday and in the article titled "Find the Plan That Fits You" 3fatchicks.com is mentioned if you are a letter "G", or a person that likes support groups.

So, way to go 3FC team! Oprah knows a good thing when she sees it!
  • WOOOOOOOOO!!! 3FC rocks!!
  • What is a letter" G " ?
  • Bargoo, now that you mention it, I am not sure what the G stands for. You take a quiz, in the article, to find a diet that matches your personality. then you figure out which letter you had the most of.

R = Restrictive
    L = Lifestyle
    P = Program Based
    G = Support Group (I guess they were going for Group)
    S = Spiritual
    E = Emotional
    B = Baby Steps
  • I didn't read the article, but what you are saying seems reasonable, thanks.
  • Here's the quiz and it does have a link to 3FC in the G section of the results

http://www.oprah.com/survey/omagazin...omag-diet-quiz
  • My highest scores (3 each) were:
    R, Restrictive, which includes South Beach - and I would assume calorie-counting would be here, too
    L, Lifestyle, which includes the Mediterranean Diet - I would think Superfoods Rx here, too
    and
    G, Support Groups.

So I guess they got it right. Or I got it right... as a calorie-counter, South Beach-follower, mostly Mediterranean, Superfoods advocate on 3FC.
  • How funny, there is a big banner advertising Crunch bars right above the quiz

Of course, it told me I was a "G", but I already knew that (highest score=4). I also got high scores in Lifestyle (3) and Baby Steps (3).
  • This is a very informative quiz!
    Quote:
    Your R score is 1
    Your L score is 3
    Your P score is 1
    Your G score is 3
    Your S score is 4
    Your E score is 1
    Your B score is 2
    Although I think "Calorie Counting" isn't too restrictive...

I wonder if, as we continue to change and grow (read: shrink) if these attitudes change...
  • That's great! We didn't know, lol. The forum community here has been featured in O' magazine before, too. You're all fantastic
  • Thank you so much, Suzanne!!!! Ya'll are special too and have made a place that has helped so many people and continues to do so everyday
  • Scored a 4 on Restrictive:
    People who thrive on organization—and on understanding a problem and solving it—tend to do best with this approach. From counting fat and calories to exercising portion control, restrictive plans are all about the details and discipline. Success depends on identifying a system you like and sticking to it. If you enjoy puzzles, these plans might work for you.
    TRY: The Glycemic Index Diet, South Beach Diet, or fatgram-counting plans such as 20/30 Fat & Fiber Diet, Atkins.

Ha, This is me to a tee. I'm a South Beacher. Also got a high score on G! Love 3FC!
  • Your R score is 4

Your L score is 4

Your P score is 2

Your G score is 4

Your S score is 1

Your E score is 3

Your B score is 4

I semi-disagree with restrictive being good for me. While I do restrict myself short-term (like a month) to break bad habbits, being overly restrictive has led me to failure many times before. Otherwise pretty good
  • Your R score is 1

Your L score is 1

Your P score is 2

Your G score is 3

Your S score is 3

Your E score is 0

Your B score is 2

So I got a 3 in support groups. I already knew I belonged here anyways though :P
  • AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Now we are gonna start having trouble getting on due to system overloads like when 3FC hit the NY Times list.

Oh well, I guess when you have such a good thing going, it's bound to get out.

Congrats 3FC!!!