General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #16  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Not everybody is versed in every topic and to think that they are is not realistic. I don't necessarily get "annoyed" when someone is ignorant on a subject. Of course if they state their opinion over and over and over again as fact and it's false, that could get a little bothersome. But if someone is 100% wrong, I try to gently point it out, without making them feel - dopey. No one knows everything. I learn new things all the time and hope to never, ever stop.

This just reminded me of the often thrown around statement that fat weighs more then muscle. When of course it's that one pound of muscle weighs the same as one pound of fat, but that the muscle takes up less space.
Its not that I get annoyed but they do this to me all the time..They went to college so their mother could brag..then they ALL moved back home to stay mostly because they went for a sucky major...THey gang up on me ALOT...And my husband just shuts up because he doesnt want to offend them...I may have gotten my GED and went to college but I have a higher GPA then all of them combined and I genuinely educate myself...I listen to htem if I know I dont know the answer...but If I know i do know for sure...it gets pretty pesty...I even show proof and they say " I still dont believe it".....
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM   #17  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
--
they wouldnt even believe me if i told them...or proved it...I just cant stand them! They also believe that if you drink even on rare occations you get diabetes! Im like NO! If you drink too often it has been said you can get diabetes...but NO if you drink the occasional glass of wine you will be for the most part okay...
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote