General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-16-2009, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Default Who Will Watch Michael Vick Play Football?

Not me!!! Even when my Carolina Panthers play the Philadelphia Eagles, they'll have to do without my support during those games. When I think of the terror and misery and death he caused with his dog-fighting ring, he doesn't deserve a second chance, IMHO.
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:08 AM   #2  

Nope.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #3  
on a journey

i think a lot of people feel that way. Me, i'm not sure. i love animals, have several of them. i may choose not to watch.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #4  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Absolutely Not! I can't believe after all he did ,they are allowing him to play
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #5  

I was living in the Hampton Roads area at the time the whole investigation went down. I feel torn. I am a HUGE animal lover, I have two dogs myself that are like children to me. I was/am so angry and disturbed that people could do things of that nature to animals. Even the cock fighting just UGHHHHHHH boils my blood. But the reality is he did serve his time, and he paid a HUGE price. His name is dirt in the Hampton Roads area (his hometown) and from what I'm hearing he is still being harassed by activists groups. I can't say I feel sorry for him b/c he made his bed but I do feel he has become a scapegoat particularly since he was *apparently* not involved in the day to day operations of the dog fighting, yet all the others got off with a slap on the wrist b/c they turned against him and the justice system was able to use him as an example. I don't believe in that. Some of the other men had way more blood on their hands than Vick and did not suffer half as much. I, personally, will not support him or watch his games. But I can't say I fault the NFL for giving him a second chance.
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #6  
future bikini-wearer

S/C/G: 237/in between/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm just glad the Ravens don't play the Eagles this year... what were they thinking??
girllovesmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #7  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

I hope Michael Vick suffers a career ending injury on the first play of the season and spends the rest of his life in horrible pain... sorry... that's it...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am a believer in second chances and Vick paid his debt to society by the law.

I wish he would have taken this year to stay/get in shape...got out in the public eye...taken his abuse from the folks and got busy doing something visible to show he is remorseful....

then got back to football.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

I live in Philly and we are huge Eagles fans. I'm not loving the situation, but I can't turn my back on the team....so I'll be watching him...if he gets any play time.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #10  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

My husband is a huge Eagles fan but he's totally disgusted with the team right now....so yeah we are not watching this year.

Personally I think he should have been assigned to be a pooper scooper of a Great Dane Kennel for the rest of his life.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I am a believer in second chances but I don't necessarily believe second chances involve the privilege of being a highly paid football 'star'. It is a privilege and why not give someone else the chance, someone who may appreciate it more?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #12  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I don't watch football anyway, but my beef is with the NFL. I thought they banned Michael for life, if they are going back on their decision, that is just wrong. Stating consequences and then 'going back on them' teaches us that their are no consequences no matter what the stituation.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I am a believer in second chances and Vick paid his debt to society by the law.
You know I love you 'cause you're such a hockey buddy, EZ , but there is nothing Vick can do to pay for what he's done, really. I went back and re-read some of the things he participated in and sponsored over his five years with the dog fighting, and it made me sick all over again! I think he's sorry, alright ... Sorry that he got caught, that is! Anybody who could do those things to begin with couldn't have enough of a conscience to feel any remorse!

I'm finding all these replies really interesting ... keep 'em coming, guys!
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I too am a dog lover and hate to see anyone do anything mean to an animal but...it's not like he killed someone and he did do his time so...I WILL watch him...and I would NEVER wish something bad on any person...bad karma.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by babenwaiting View Post
You know I love you 'cause you're such a hockey buddy, EZ , but there is nothing Vick can do to pay for what he's done, really. I went back and re-read some of the things he participated in and sponsored over his five years with the dog fighting, and it made me sick all over again! I think he's sorry, alright ... Sorry that he got caught, that is! Anybody who could do those things to begin with couldn't have enough of a conscience to feel any remorse!

I'm finding all these replies really interesting ... keep 'em coming, guys!
I agree BABE....that is why I said he paid his debt to society by what the "law" says...

But NELIE I understand what you mean too, but isn't football his job? If he paid his "debt" shouldn't he be able to go back to work?

Would anyone be too upset if he did the same thing as a drywall finisher, did his time, and then came back to work side by side with me? I don't think so...

are we all mad because he is making buckets of money again?

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-17-2009 at 08:22 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote