NFL kickoff challenge

You're on Page 1 of 12
Go to
  • I just got home from the raider cowboys game....for me the football season goes by really fast so i was thinking this would make a great challenge....my goal is to lose 1 1/2 lbs per week until the super bowl...so ill say 35 lbs total cuz with preseasonason its about 23 weeks...as you can see by my picture, im a raider fan (even though we suck)...so we can talk about football and or weight loss
  • We don't suck David...just having an off decade!

May your losses be more than our Raiders!
  • I'm in! This is perfect timing -- I've just started doing some research for my fantasy football leagues, and I'm getting so excited about the upcoming season.

I'm hoping to be at my goal by the superbowl. I have about 20 more pounds to lose, so that's about a pound a week.

I don't have a favorite team - I'm from Rochester NY originally but never really caught on to the Bills. I'll be watching closer than usual though, to see how things go with T.O.! Now I live in Ithaca NY where most people are from other parts of the country/world (it's a college town full of students, grad students, post docs, professors, etc.). But the locals seem to mostly be Jets fans. They're training in Cortland this year, just across the road from where my husband works.
  • Oh yes! I want to be a part of this. I'm going with the same goal as you, so that would put me at 220 for the Superbowl. I would be very excited for that!

However..... I am a Bronco fan...... and I know how we feel about the Raiders and how the Raiders feel about us. But I think we can get along. I get along with EZ as a Dodger fan and me as a Rockies fan. Of course, who knows how the Broncos will be this year. I'm not expecting much, so I probably won't be disappointed.
  • im getting excited!!! this is the first year i can remember that i feel like my team is going to be crappy...i have no expectations, but i will enjoy the games...it pays to stay loyal when your team is bad because its that much sweeter when they become successful..slashni ive been to a couple of games in denver and its a great place to watch football...i dont mean the stadium, im talking about the fans...have a great day
  • Good attitude David. That's the approach I'm taking this year. Whatever good happens will just be a bonus.
  • I'm game
    I love football! Since I live in central Missouri, I pretty much root evenly for the Chiefs or Rams. The Rams play tonight at the Meadowland, looking forward to that. We better stock up on healthy snacks!!

Carol
  • I really don't know much about American Football coming from across the pond but we live in Rams country.

My youngest decided she wanted to go to an NFL game for her birthday. So my husband got tickets through his work. We will be going to the Rams /Vikings game in October. Should be fun. I hope they do better this year as they were pretty awful last year.

I do watch the games on TV but some things I'm not too sure about.
  • clyde , a lot of people who are from countries that play soccer have trouble embracing american football...they say that theres too much time in between the action...it can be complicated, but there are websites that help break it down and make it easier to understand...google "football 101" and youll find lots of links to sites about the basics
  • Here we go STEELERS....Here we go!!!
  • Thanks David.

Luckily my oh is American so he usually explains things to me if I'm not sure.

He is a big Jaguars fan.
  • OK, I live in MI, so I gotta say this ONCE, and then you can laugh me off the thread

Go Lions!

• They have to win one this year SCOOTER
  • counting, im a raider fan, i cant say anything...plus i read that the lions may be the most improved team