Do you believe the moon landings could have been faked?

View Poll Results: Do you believe the moon landings were faked?
No they weren't faked. I believe the moon landings happened.
75.76%
I think it was possible they were faked but I don't really think they were.
21.21%
I think they were faked. I don't the moon landings happened 40 years ago.
3.03%
I am not sure either way.
0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google will offer me little snippets of news and this is an article from CNN about the belief that some hold that the moon landings 40 years ago were faked:
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/space/0...rss_topstories

I had heard of this theory before but I think it has been disputed enough to say that it isn't true. Myth Busters even did an episode about it. Apparently though 6% of the population believes they were faked.

I can understand how some people can doubt it since we were in a 'space race' at the time and were trying to prove our superior technical knowledge, etc, etc.

I will also say that having a technical background and working in a technical company that has performed some amazing feats over the past 100 years that I can believe we've been to the moon and back.
  • Sure they could have been faked. You can fake a lot of things with enough effort. Do I think they were? No. I grew up in a technical household, and I remember my dad listening to astronauts talk back and forth to mission control on a radio in our laundry room. (Can't remember if it was his HAM radio or one he had from being in the Army... ) I've visited the NASA Space Center in Florida, I used to obsessively study the technology when being an astronaut was my big dream. Like Nelie, I've seen the things that we have accomplished over the years and I have no doubt that we landed on the moon.

There are also people that don't believe in the Holocaust. I just don't understand either mindset.
  • I doubt that it was a hoax. My husband is really skeptical about it, but he's a conspiracy theory kind of person. I looked at the myth busters website for that episode. I'm going to leave it up on the computer for him to see.
  • too funny, don't know if anyoner here will remember, but James Brolin was in a movie about a faked Mars landing YEARS ago, Capricorn One, that was inspired by the idea of the moon landings being a hoax.

Last year I went to the Air and Space museum at the Smithsonian. I'm such a NASA geek, I was so thrilled to see the space ships, the moon rocks, the space suits, and all the other stuff.

No, I don't believe at all that it was a hoax, it was a great moment in world history, not just American history.
  • You have to be smoking some kind of crack if you think they were faked. Conspiracy theorists will believe anything
  • It's funny you mention this. This morning I was watching CBS recap Walter Cronkite and the moon landing and as they were showing the astronauts exit the lunar module, I couldn't help but notice that they were transparent. I could see the horizon through them. I had never given it much thought until that moment.
  • Considering NASA taped over the tapes of the mission, this is going to become a hot topic of discussion again.