General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

If I had the calories to spare I would do Wendy's Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty. OMGoodness, it looks good!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #17  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
If I had the calories to spare I would do Wendy's Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty. OMGoodness, it looks good!
I don't really like ice cream or cold things. Not into coffee either.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #18  

LOL--who asked ya.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #19  

LOL--am I actually debating ways to spend calories with a man that weighs less than I do? Teasing you, teasing you.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #20  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

I'd say go for the pasta. The pizza rolls are good but not really filling at all. We went on a family walk (4 mi round trip ) Sunday since our car broke down and we stopped at pizza hut for a quick/late lunch. We ordered the pizza rolls and our 2.5 year old LOVED them, we liked them but they seemed to be missing something to me. I do plan on making them as a treat at home myself though!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I'd go for the pizza rolls! I've been on a huge pizza kick lately, though.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #22  
Workin' It

I've had the pasta from Chili's and it is really crazy good. Not had the pizza rolls, but I imagine that they would be good as well.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #23  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
And Thighs, it is crazy good. I've budgeted it in twice now.... well, budgeted it in once. Almost made it in under budget the second.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 244/239/140

Height: 5'4"

I like the pizza rolls better than their regular pizza -- with a little extra marinara sauce (they never give enough for four rolls), they're pretty darn tasty.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #25  
banned

They were pretty decent.

On a side note, wouldn't it be great if we had a thread where members reviewed meals from restaurants. Other members could then read the reviews and decide how to "spend" their calories.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #26  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Not really, IMHO. Not all of us are at goal yet and many of us has foresworn "empty calories" for other eating regimens. And for lots of us, discussing those foods that used to call our names is, well, tough and is a subject best left untouched. And there are people on this forum who have serious difficulty with foods such as these. So making a thread for this kind of discussion is, for many, akin to having a thread on an AA forum about the best mixed drinks or the smoothest ale out there.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of reviews on restaurant foods out there, and there MUST be other forums that deal with just this. You'd probably find better/more conversation about them there! Especially since 3FC is specific to weight loss support and the foods you seem to want to discuss by their very nature aren't exactly conducive to this goal.

Just trying to be respectful of the forum and of the many 3FCers who post on this forum who struggle daily with foods such as these. I'm sure we ALL want to be respectful of them, no?

JMHO

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 07-15-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #27  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Not all of us are at goal yet and many of us has foresworn "empty calories" for other eating regimens.
I was surprised by this thread and I guess a little saddened. Although I haven't investigated every diet plan here on 3FC I thought that they all pretty much promoted healthy eating.

Let's face it folks, NONE of the offerings on the new Pizza Hut commercial are healthy. And did you see the portion sizes? Wowza. It's sad to see that people who are dieting would even consider these. And for those who are at goal, it doesn't seem like anything was learned during the dieting process...which, courtesy of Pizza Hut pizza rolls will surely have to be repeated.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarkman View Post
They were pretty decent.

On a side note, wouldn't it be great if we had a thread where members reviewed meals from restaurants. Other members could then read the reviews and decide how to "spend" their calories.
I think if you have a meal at a chain restaraunt that is "reasonably" healthy and you like it...and want to share it for the good of THE TEAM...well, that is a fine idea. Many of us do that.

If you want to share a recipe that is "reasonably" healthy for THE TEAM....another good idea....many of us do that.

if you want to post threads about foods that are not healthy, and do it frequently, then I think you should find another playground...

just speaking man to man.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #29  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizski View Post
I was surprised by this thread and I guess a little saddened. Although I haven't investigated every diet plan here on 3FC I thought that they all pretty much promoted healthy eating.

Let's face it folks, NONE of the offerings on the new Pizza Hut commercial are healthy. And did you see the portion sizes? Wowza. It's sad to see that people who are dieting would even consider these. And for those who are at goal, it doesn't seem like anything was learned during the dieting process...which, courtesy of Pizza Hut pizza rolls will surely have to be repeated.
Why are you saddened by it? There is nothing unhealth in proportion and everything in over porportion is unhealthy. Do you really consider 920 calories one time a week unhealthy? It has all the basic food groups, your dairy, meat, vegatable, and carbs. I guess I'm confused why this is so "unhealhty".
Old 07-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #30  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I think if you have a meal at a chain restaraunt that is "reasonably" healthy and you like it...and want to share it for the good of THE TEAM...well, that is a fine idea. Many of us do that.

If you want to share a recipe that is "reasonably" healthy for THE TEAM....another good idea....many of us do that.

if you want to post threads about foods that are not healthy, and do it frequently, then I think you should find another playground...

just speaking man to man.
Again I ask how is this unhealthy?
Closed Thread