General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #31  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Dixie - I've heard that Wolverine stomps on canon as well. DH is a big comic book fan and he was okay with it, but I've had other friends who said that they had to check their expectations at the door and look at it as just another action movie. Personally, I liked it.
I'll probably go see it anyway, I really like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine (although he's a foot too tall) and I adore Taylor Kitsch in Friday Night Lights and The Covenant, so I'll be willing to overlook any lapse in characterization of Gambit. Yeah, pretty could trump canon in some situations.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #32  
I aim to misbehave

S/C/G: 225/tick/175

Height: 5'8"

dixied - That's who that actor is! This has been bothering me for days. We saw Wolverine this weekend, and I just couldn't figure out where I knew Gambit from. He was a cutie--I definitely could see him as the ladies man like Gambit.

There were quite a few liberties. I just try to remind myself that it is hard to condense the books into a film and take it for what it is worth. But, I know what you mean. The treatment of Rogue always bothers me--she is one of my favorites in the comic books because of the complexities of her relationships between the Brotherhood and X-Men. That and she is such a heavy hitter (and not the needy, helpless girl she is in the movies).

Anyway, I did enjoy the movie, liberties and all. It was a good, fast paced action movie.
Riverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

I'm a crazy Gambit fan, so I was concerned about how the movie would portray him. But overall, I was happy. Didn't look or precisely act like I was used to, but it was a good variation of him. Made him out to be a survivor, took the time to show off his agility, and he certainly got more screen time than I expected. And the Remy/Logan snarking... classic!
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote