General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

Default Just for fun

So I was reading the post from andrea about the 12 egg omelette food challenge, and it got me to thinking. I was actually impressed at the positive responses to her question. Those once in a lifetime things can be fun, and I don't see (if one doesnt have some sort of illness that would preclude it) that a ridiculous thing like that will derail or hurt a diet plan. Anyway, I do enjoy watching Man Vs Food (guilty pleasure) and I started to wonder which, if any, of the challenges on there I would actually be tempted to try, and might be able to make a big dent in.
Lo and behold, last night was an episode in Ann Arbor michigan which was the Mount Nachismo nacho challenge. I believe I have said before that Nachos are my greatest love. Yes..to my mind, nachos are the ultimate food. Something about them. I do not believe I will ever lose my taste for them, although, except for 4 or 5 chips off of my husband's plate, I have not had them in 7 months. But this past july I went to Ann Arbor to go to their annual arts festival with some friends of mine. I intend to go again next year, and I plan on going to that place, and tackling mount nachismo.

What Food challenge would you actually try if the opportunity came around?
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #2  
Lets try this again

Height: 5'5

Cucumber roll or sushi challenge! I could do any challenge though. Salad one I'd dominate. Sometimes my dinner salads weigh 16+ oz!
punkrprincessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

Funny you should say that punk..there actually was a sushi challenge one. It wasn't a massive food one, but a hot one. 7 different types of sushi, each one more hot than the previous. He did it..but he was suffering for it.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:21 AM   #4  
Lets try this again

Height: 5'5

I saw that! Charleston, SC I believe. I couldnt do hot, only LOTS of food

Did you ever see the Los Angeles episode, where he tackles Manuel's burrito? I bookmarked the place in one of my iPhone apps and recently moved to Los Angeles... guess whos office is right by the place???? haha Im staying away though.
punkrprincessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:13 AM   #5  
Hard Work Pays Off

S/C/G: 324/302/???

Height: 5'11"

There's a place in Long Beach called the Heritage, it's old school diner food but in extreme portions. I've gone with friends and family, and the only one they've never been able to conquer was the LA Marathon which includes: Pancakes, french toast, homestyle potatoes, bacon, sausage, ham steak, eggs and of course your choice of bread but they're in BIG PORTIONS (I believe I'm leaving something out, too). I can totally conquer that mofo!!! Too bad there's no competition for it though.
beautiful days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:14 AM   #6  
Hard Work Pays Off

S/C/G: 324/302/???

Height: 5'11"

Ooooh, and if there were ever a bacon challenge I'd totally do it.
beautiful days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/126/115

Height: 5'1"

I LOVE Ann Arbor! Have a wonderful time on your next trip out there . I would try any of the pizza challenges - I can't keep leftover pizza in the house because I end up sneaking another piece every couple of hours. I could totaaly do that stuffed pizza challenge!
DexterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #8  
I WILL make it!

S/C/G: 220/186/160

Height: 5'8 ~ 51 years

Pancakes! I would eat till I couldn't breathe and then eat 3 more. If I died, I would die happy!!!
countryhomeschoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

The Hawaiian pancake challenge! He had to eat like 3/4lb of pancakes and blueberries yum!
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote