3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Coffee Drinkers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/168911-coffee-drinkers.html)

willow650 04-10-2009 09:13 AM

Coffee Drinkers

What is your favorite coffee to brew? Do you prefer whole bean or ground? Where do you buy it? Anyone make low cal flavored lattes? If so what is your recipe?

I always use whole bean, I was using 8'Colck Coffee and now I use Dunkin Donuts Whole Bean. If I was rich and could afford the calories I would drive to Starbucks and drink a quad, iced, grande white chocolate mocha every day.....lol

Thighs Be Gone 04-10-2009 09:15 AM

At home I love the Dunkin' Donuts coffee beans. To flavor, I like the Starbucks sugar-free syrups. There is vanilla, cinnamon and hazlenut. You buy them by the liter at Starbucks. Be sure to ask for the pump.

ETA: I typically use skim milk for my cream BUT a deelish alternative is the NIDO powdered milk.

rileyozzy 04-10-2009 09:43 AM

I love coffee and I usually buy Starbucks, but I also like to try all different types. I also like chai, but it is a special treat.

Jennifer 3FC 04-10-2009 10:12 AM

I like Frank Sumatra blend by Larry's Beans. Really great coffee!

willow650 04-10-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC (Post 2692824)
I like Frank Sumatra blend by Larry's Beans. Really great coffee!

Where do you get this?

annie175 04-10-2009 11:27 AM

I, too, am a Dunkin' Donuts fan. I use the 8'oclock coffee also. From Starbucks I like the decaf, non-fat, sugar free cinnamon dolce latte with two equals. Couldn't get any "dieter" than that.

Leeesa 04-10-2009 11:40 AM

Best coffee I ever had was yellow catoui(sp?) from Kauai Coffee, I had it every day while I was there and you can order it online but it's really expensive, so I do it once a year around Christmas as a special treat. Safeway here in Canada also makes a "fat free creamer" which is AWESOME because it looks/tastes like real creamer but it's 15 cal and .4 g fat per tbsp. Second favorite is Caffe Artigiano, they make a non-fat cap to die for, it tastes rich and creamy, I think they are only local here in Vancouver tho.

Jennifer 3FC 04-10-2009 12:33 PM

Willow, I buy the Larry's Beans at Earth Fare, which is similar to Whole Foods. He has a coffee finder on his website.

Shannon in ATL 04-10-2009 01:17 PM

I got a Keurig for Christmas last year, and use a variety of different coffees. I have one cup every morning, an occasional one before bed, sometimes up to four on the weekend... :)

ETA: My favorite coffee brand right now is Timothy's - I like the flavored and the non-flavored. I tend to use fat free french vanilla creamer.

SweetScrumptious 04-10-2009 03:50 PM

I don't make coffee so I usually go to Starbucks and get a non-fat, no sugar vanilla (or caramel) latte! Those are delicious. I also love Tim Horton's French Vanilla or English Toffee Cappuccinos but they don't come in non-fat, sugar free varieties so it's very little now that I get coffee from there.

I think my taste buds are maturing because I used to only really really love drinking flavored coffee (mochas, lattes, capps, fraps, etc). But now, I'm starting to drink coffee with milk and sweetener on my night shifts at work since I have no other choice. And I actually don't mind them. BUT I still love my flavored coffee so much more!

willow650 04-10-2009 04:08 PM

today I tried splenda flavored sweeteners. I bought caramel, its pretty good. i have had 2 iced coffees with that and skim milk.

Wolf Goddess 04-10-2009 06:21 PM

I buy regular Yuban from Costco. I brew it at home and take my own thermos to work. I usually add some sugar-free Cofee-mate and Splenda, but sometimes I add half&half for a treat.

EZMONEY 04-10-2009 06:47 PM

Folgers Classic Roast or Yuban works fine for me....12 cups+ a day...black...every day.

glitterducky 04-10-2009 06:54 PM

I like Starbucks blends...the more sugar the better. lol... I know. Bad. I usually get the blended drinks so maybe this doesn't count as "coffee"

CyndiM 04-10-2009 06:56 PM

Pierce Bros. Coffee Roasters either Red Eye Express or Fogbuster, I grind them at the Co-op. I love really dark bot not bitter roasts