General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #91  

Default what are you reading?

I am reading the monster of Florance. It is very scary and does not make the Tuscany region of Italy to be as appealing as shown in recent movies and television programs.
DFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #92  
sugar is the devil

Bikram Yoga

written by Bikram himself
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #93  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

I am reading Dress Rehearsal by Jennifer O'Connell. So far so good. The only thing is it is small print.Not the regualr print, super teeny tiny. I have good eyesight, but this I am sure is screwing with my eyes.

Anyways, here is the info on it.... Can a couple's choice of wedding cake predict the success of their marriage? Lauren Gallagher, owner of the chic cake boutique Lauren's Luscious Licks, is beginning to think so. Couples who argue over butter cream and marzipan seem destined to argue all the way to divorce court. Her faith in the theory is so unshakable that she pitches it to a book agent and convinces her best friend, Paige, to break up with her fiance. What was he thinking, requesting cupcakes for the reception? When her newly engaged ex-boyfriend waltzes into her shop and orders the very cake she's been saving for her own wedding, she wonders if he was really "the one" after all. This book takes on the common theme of searching for Mr. Right with a sweet twist and inept, funny, and sympathetic characters. Readers will definitely see some of themselves in Lauren and her friends. O'Connell, also the author of Bachelorette #1 (2003), delivers a fun addition to the chick-lit collection.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #94  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire, Deepak Chopra
HIGHLY recommend it!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 260/234/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm currently reading In the Hands of the Great Spirit: The 20,000 Year History of American Indians by Jake Page (I'm a little obsessed with American history, particularly colonial and American Indian). It's a pretty basic 400-something sweep of native history, but it's not a bad overview, and Page is an excellent writer. I'm also reading one of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels (Thief of Time)! If you enjoy both fantasy fiction and clever British humor, I really recommend Pratchett's Discworld series!
craftykath is offline   Reply With Quote