3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   R.I.P. Natasha Richardson (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/167167-r-i-p-natasha-richardson.html)

em30001 03-18-2009 09:40 PM

R.I.P. Natasha Richardson

So sad. :(

VermontMom 03-18-2009 09:51 PM

:( so sad, R.I.P., so sorry for her family husband, children and mother :(

MaryEllen 03-18-2009 11:06 PM

Every time I see that someone famous has died my stomach drops. I don't know. This is really sad though. :(

lizziep 03-19-2009 01:28 AM

oh i saw that she was in an accident i didn't know she passed away. sad.

stellart 03-19-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEllen (Post 2660842)
Every time I see that someone famous has died my stomach drops.

im the opposite. my stomach drops when its someone i know personally

alinnell 03-19-2009 11:40 AM

Being that she was declared brain dead, I wonder if they opted to donate her organs. As sad as this situation is, I hope there comes some sort of benefit. I know that if it were me or my family, I would opt to donate what I could.

ronni62 03-19-2009 11:55 AM

It is so sad. I feel for her boys, losing their mom so young. Prayers for her whole family.

Thighs Be Gone 03-19-2009 11:57 AM

My prayers are with her family. So sad..let this be of benefit to us here at 3FC...let us not forget how blessed we are day in and day out for every moment, every breath....size 28 or size 2, we really have so much to be grateful for..

Cie 03-19-2009 04:36 PM

One of the few who led a good life and was never in the news for drugs etc. Rest in peace and bless her husband & boys.

murphmitch 03-19-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 2661450)
Being that she was declared brain dead, I wonder if they opted to donate her organs. As sad as this situation is, I hope there comes some sort of benefit. I know that if it were me or my family, I would opt to donate what I could.

Exactly what I was thinking. The only positive thing to come out of it. :(

flatiron 03-19-2009 10:19 PM

What is so sad to me is after she fell she thought she was OK and the ambulance that was called was turned away. What she didn't know was that she had jarred her brain (think shaken baby syndrome) hard enough to cause a small bleed and it caused a stroke and she went brain dead as a result.

If she had gone with the paramedics at first there was a chance it could have been detected in a x-ray and anti clotting drugs could have been administered.

The very same thing happened to my sister's best friends Dad. He was in a minor car accident and hit his head, didn't even break the skin and he thought he was OK and refused to go to the hospital and 2 hours later he collapsed and he had a bleed on his brain but he didn't die but he had enough brain damage that it severely mentally handicapped him. He was 70 years old and he acted like he was 2 years old. Mercifully he died from another stroke a few years later.

I feel sorry for her sons. I believe they are like 12 and 13 yrs old. Too young to lose your Mom.

It should remind us all (it does me) how super fragile life really is.

CountingDown 03-19-2009 10:31 PM

Prayers ascending for her friends and family!

harrismm 03-20-2009 12:03 AM

I agree.I think of all the falls I have experienced and witnessed on ski hills.WOW.Scary and sad.I just loved her in parent trap and maid in manhatton.Tragic.

alinnell 03-25-2009 05:12 PM

I just read that her family did opt to have her organs donated. At least some good came of this tragedy.

stellart 03-26-2009 12:05 AM

i know she's famous and all. and anyone dying is a tragedy. but what about the story a few weeks ago about the quebec couple lost in B.C. and no one would rescue them after multiple SOS attempts were made and seen. the wife died and the man was seriously injured after exposure for almost two weeks.

now that's tragic.