General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #1  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Question Females only-TOM/Menopause ???

So, for those of you who've past menopause or are in the middle of it, I'm wondering what the heck is going on with me?

In July, 07, I had TOM, then nothing for months, so dr did blood work and decided I was in early menopause. Started HRT in Jan, 08 and then, got TOM back, along with heart palpitations, so quit HRT in March, 08 and TOM went away after April, 08.... UNTIL...Jan, 09! Yep, started the new year off with a bang, so to speak Is this what normally happens? It was not a "normal" TOM-very light and short, but I'm wondering since you are not considered post-menopause until TOM's been gone a year, do I now have to start counting those months all over again? Or, was this just a little blurp on the radar and not an issue in the menopause realm? Why does this have to be so darn confusing and frustrating And, when do I know when I can quit keeping those monthly supplies on hand
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

i think, but i'm no expert, that you are indeed in menopause and that you're not "post" menopause yet. it's not been a year so if you had a period of sorts then you have to count again.
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I agree. The perimenopause period is longer for some people than others. I would recommend reading Christiane Northrup's books on menopause. They are full of knowledge.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #4  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

from what my mom tells me, menopause lasts for years. she's been on it (perimenopause and regular menopause) for about 8 years.

ick.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote