General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-29-2009, 08:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

If only everyone was as 'fat' as Jessica Simpson!!!! hahahahhaha

junebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
Well, the media aren't the only ones who judge. Her dad was trying to get her into Christian music as a kid, but she was deemed too "Busty" for the morally upright youth.
The 11th commandment, "thou shalt not have big boobies?"

I'm not really concerned about Jessica Simpson's feelings on this. I'm not saying I'm not sympathetic, and she must be annoyed by this, but it is part and parcel of "the business," and if she didn't know it going in, she certainly knows it by now.

For me, my hackles are raised (whatever hackles are) over all of the young girls wanting to be like her, and thinking "if she's fat, I must be a COW." I don't remember the exact statistics, but every year more kindergarten girls (even of normal and below weights) think they're fat. At younger and younger ages children are wanting to immitate celebrities, and I think the trend is actually starting to become dangerous, (especially when children's clothing styles, even from infancy now are so "sexed up," they wouldn't have been considered appropriate for an ADULT 20 years ago). I'm not a prude, but does a 6 or 7 year old really need tight jeans with "juicy" written in rhinestones on their butt (I know the juicy fad is a little old, but it just shocked me so much, because to me it translated into "prostitute in training").

Kids are losing their childhoods, and that sucks.

Last edited by kaplods; 01-29-2009 at 09:25 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
(especially when children's clothing styles, even from infancy now are so "sexed up," they wouldn't have been considered appropriate for an ADULT 20 years ago). I'm not a prude, but does a 6 or 7 year old really need tight jeans with "juicy" written in rhinestones on their butt (I know the juicy fad is a little old, but it just shocked me so much, because to me it translated into "prostitute in training").

Kids are losing their childhoods, and that sucks.
Ugh, I TOTALLY agree. It frightens me.

Something else that frightens me? The look of these people put together.
http://theskinnywebsite.com/site/200...he-sag-awards/
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

honestly I don't think this one is blown that out of proportion. If I knew someone that gained 20# people would probably be saying "whoa shes gained a little weight, but she still looks good" or something along those lines, people would notice and talk. I'm not saying she looks bad but she's obviously put on some weight. Also when you have a "curvy" figure you can't get away with ANYTHING you don't look great unless you work out and really watch what you eat. Plus the FIRST rule of jeans is that pockets with flaps on the butt only make it look bigger and should only be worn by curveless women trying to create curves.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Oh, I think it's very much blown out of proportion if you've see the New York Post cartoon.

http://www.theinsider.com/news/16008...on_Weight_Gain

If the link doesn't work, there's a picture of Tony Roma at Jessical Simson's door, and she's wearing the outfit in the photo and she clearly weighs at least 300 pounds with a caption that reads "Sorry Tony, but I've found somebody else," and Ronald McDonald is seen sitting on her couch in the background.

Again, I think Jessica is a big girl and can take care of herself, but what kind of message is it sending to impressionable teens and preteens. If Jessica is "a cow" at a healthy weight, what are they?

Last edited by kaplods; 02-02-2009 at 02:33 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #21  
Back in the Game

S/C/G: 132/125.2/120

Those were really ugly pants she was wearing...I guess she won't be wearing those again any time soon. Other than that, she looked good. Even her butt looked good in the butt shot. I think the whole thing is blown way out of proportion.
moon fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
Also when you have a "curvy" figure you can't get away with ANYTHING you don't look great unless you work out and really watch what you eat.
Couldn't disagree more. I don't think looking great is so narrow.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #23  
Skinny Here I Come!

S/C/G: 230/229.8/140

Height: 5'8"

A good reason not to be famous I mean you know that the paparazzi is just trying to catch ya at a bad angle or doing something embarassing... Thank goodness for my small town life
Layla316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #24  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Dude people are nuts- she looks fabulous- I'd kill for that hair and her figure- I'm not even joking!

So it wasn't the greatest outfit ever- so what- life goes on.

She should go on Tyra and tell everyone to kiss her fat arse lol.

And I agree the 3rd shot with her looking over her shoulder- man she looks AMAZING! I want to be fat like her lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #25  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
honestly I don't think this one is blown that out of proportion. If I knew someone that gained 20# people would probably be saying "whoa shes gained a little weight, but she still looks good" or something along those lines, people would notice and talk. I'm not saying she looks bad but she's obviously put on some weight. Also when you have a "curvy" figure you can't get away with ANYTHING you don't look great unless you work out and really watch what you eat. Plus the FIRST rule of jeans is that pockets with flaps on the butt only make it look bigger and should only be worn by curveless women trying to create curves.

I think on some points Im going to have to agree with Scarlett on this, but let me say this first. I DON'T THINK SHE IS FAT. I THINK SHE LOOKS GOOD. But if I knew her, I think it should be an issue that she gained that much weight so fast.
the pants didn't work for her. I think whoever picked them were trying to cover a more rounder stomach. and it didn't work. Im just saying, when your skinny and you gain a noticable amount of weight like Jessica Simpson has, people are going to comment.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #26  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

so...if aliens exist, they are going to think our planet is run by the likes of Jessica Simpson and Angelina Jolie.

The reason why the paparazzi have jobs is because people read the rags that they write for.

If we stop caring, this kind of thing would drop off dramatically.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #27  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

her outfit isn't a best choice i have to say.
she's not fat, well she isn't skinny like before, but she looks like a real woman now with curves, and she looks sexy.
I'm not much a fan of Jessica but she's still beautiful.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Default Late reply but I thought this was interesting

Ok I know this is somewhat late but I think people would find this interesting.

I can't speak for other Mediterranean cultures but Jessica Simpson's weight gain was much approved in Cyprus and Greece. I am going to translate a small article I found in a semi-fashion magazine called 'Purple' here in Cyprus.

A sexy figure

Four years ago many women were jealous of Jessica Simpson's body. I bet no male was left untouched by her appearence in hot short in the movie "Dukes"
The 1.60 meter Jessica has put on a few kilos since then, promoting a much healthier lifestyle by being in the normal weight range. In her music concert in Florida she surely impressed us with her nice curves and her full-figured bust.

Ok this was not writen in an ironic tone! And putting my two cents here I think magazines here really promote a healthy curvy living here. Most women in Greece have the medditerenean body, big hips and all and most of them, in the past few years have been bombarded to feel guilty on how they are built (even though however much diet we will do, we will still have slightly bigger hips). There aren't as many incidents of anorexia here but many women used to feel really self-concious on how they look. The media, the last 2-3 years have really started making a turnover from making women feel guilty to feel ok with themselves. wacky world isn't it?
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

She looks FINE! Do you have to look like you've just been liberated from the Holocaust to NOT be told you're too fat?
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #30  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am also troubled by how all this hoopla effects our little girls. It is hard to find clothes for little ones that dont scream sexpot. I have started to shop more in little non chain stores to find more coverage for my dd. I also find I am teaching her the value of layering. A girl can still have the stylish clothes when layered in a modest way.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote