General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Diet tribe

Anyone watch this last night? I missed last night but I DVRed it and I am watching it now. Their trainer is FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I missed it

Does anyone know when it is playing again?
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledOne View Post
I decided last night after watching that show I needed to buy me trainer just like that one. I have a spare room(yeah right) and he can become my trainer, dietitian, and cook!
can we share??
Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Thanks, DisgruntledOne

OH... my... that trainer is a hot hunk of a man!

He's single, too.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #5  

Quote:
Well of course we can!!! we are all friends here and friends share things right?!?!?!?!

Besides I don't think I am in good enough shape to have him all by myself.
He can most def, inspire me to do my best, then he might hug me..lol

oh geeze I have to quit, its not like I don't have a hot hunk of man right here at home.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #6  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 195/158/130

Height: 5'3"

I watched it! And CRIED! I am such a baby.

It was a good show, I look forward to seeing him next week. Er, I mean IT!
OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Oh I'm watching this now

Felt really horrible for them all at Weigh-In. We all remember those feelings don't we?

Not sure if I agree that he put all of them on a 1,500 calorie diet... Morgan could probably start with a few hundred more than that and lose at a healthy rate.

Ha! Look at me, correcting a fitness expert. Have I no shame?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Ya know Faerie now that you said that I wonder.......do you think there is a real big difference between the calorie amount one eats and whether they are under doctors care or not? Like we all know not going under 1200 calories a day is healthy but would it be ok if you were monitored by a doctor?
If one were under doctor supervision I would think it would be fine. But I hesitate to say that a doctor with weight loss experience would want to keep a person on a very low calorie diet (under 1,200) for an extended period of time due to the possible lack of nutrition. I mean, we need enough calories a day to function and all that. But you're right, they are being closely monitored.

What I was meaning about the 1,500 calories, though, was that if it is possible for Morgan (who began at 292) to eat, let's say 1,700 calories a day and still lose weight, that it would probably help her in the long run to stay satisfied with more food and slowly bring that number down as she loses. And she may avoid plateauing later on, that's all.

Last edited by Lovely; 01-06-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
eek I wasn't trying to be critical of your comment it just got me wondering that's all.
I didn't take it that way, I swear! I just realized that I should probably clarify.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Side note: I do wish I had a group of friends that close.

Just reminds me that I'm so thankful for 3FC. Don't know how I'd do this all on my lonesome.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/180

I've come to this site a few times before, but Diet Tribe has inspired me to get more involved on the forums. I've gone the lonely road on weight loss - feeling ashamed and weak. I DVR'ed these and I'm saving them to watch again!

I see myself in a lot of ways, specifically Shawna. Everyone has insecurities but she lets them take over and bring everyone around her down. I know I have done the same, I get anxiety and react to situations when I should just take a breath and enjoy myself, keep moving forward! It was eye opening to see it from the outside!

I look forward to watching more of their journeys!
pferde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #12  

Aw man, I got all about this show. I think I have them all recorded i need to go check and see how they are dong.

This defiantly keeps me motivated, the support is awesome and feeling like your not alone is even better.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #13  
tripping along the path

S/C/G: 286/276/180

Height: 5'6

I think Morgan and Megan on the show are especially awesome! It had to take alot of guts for Morgan being the size she was to step on that scale on television....WOW....and Megan conquering her fear of heights on the show was awesome...not just once in the stadium but doing the rock wall...amazing!

I would have to say the character I am least sympathetic towards would be Shawna. She really seems like she doesnt have the drive or desire. The other girls constantly need to reassure her about how wonderful she is but I dont see her supporting anyone else. Just my two cents.

I so wish I had friends to do this with...but my friends are still not ready. Maybe someday!
ladywinter is offline   Reply With Quote