General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Virginity

What age were you when you lost your V-Card. Any regrets? Was it to a husband or wife? Would you lost it to the same person again?
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Probably showing my age - but it was my wedding day (and I am still married to the same person almost 30 years later)

And yes, I would do it exactly the same way again

Last edited by CountingDown; 09-12-2008 at 09:23 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #3  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

OK, I'm game.

I was 14, he was 18, we were both clueless. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either. No regrets at all. All skills get better with practice.

There's a lot of emotional baggage tied up with the whole virginity thing, and it doesn't need to be a big deal. Odds are it won't be the stuff dreams are made of, so if you go in with lower expectations, you won't be disappointed.

Now, I'm sure there are a few romantics out there who had a Harlequin Romance first time, but I wasn't one of them.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #4  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

This is a difficult subject for me. I was 13, had self-esteem you could measure in negative figures, and didn't really understand what was happening at the time.

If I had the chance to take back what happened, I would. I don't think I would have waited for marriage, but I would definitely like to have been more in control of the situation.
twilit tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #5  
A New me! Right Now!

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'1"

Ok i will spill....

I was 13 too. not my best decision ever. it was not all that memorable and the guy at the time actually ended up being my first love. Of course later on i hit my rebellion stages and at 16 had my first of 3 sons. Although this happened i had a great family support system and ended up being a successful teen mother.
dlphnmomva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I lost it when I was 18 going on 19. I never had any serious relationships before then. nearly 2 years later and I'm still with the guy. I don't regret it, however I wish that we would have waited longer into our relationship.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

I was 19, and drunk. I wish I waited. Never spoke to him again.

Last edited by luvja; 09-12-2008 at 10:12 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #8  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I was 15. He dumped me a week later, so yes, I wish I would have waited.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #9  
Determined to lose!

Some things should be left in the closet.
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I was in my late 20s and I'm very grateful for that decision. It wasn't that I was waiting to get married (because I wasn't) but I was waiting to be with someone who I truly felt a mutual interest in a long term, serious relationship and that I felt I'd be with for a while. We were only together for a year and after we broke up, I almost wish we hadn't because the breakup devastated me but looking back I don't regret it.

I know for various people they can do it for purely physical reasons or even just partially physical reasons but for me, it is almost 100% emotional. Which is one reason I'm glad I didn't do it earlier.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #11  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

I lost mine when I was 18, about 2 months after I graduated high school. It was with a boy I'd been sort of involved with for 3 years. Its been a year since then and I am still with him. I don't regret it, I always wanted to wait til I was out of high school so I wouldn't have to deal with all the immaturity and gossip.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #12  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I lost my virginity when I was 20, to my now-fiance. Of course, I wasn't yet in love with him when I lost my virginity to him, since we did it literally 5 days after meeting in Florence, Italy. I had just dropped 80 lbs and, really, I just wanted to lose my virginity. Heh. I liked him and he liked me and I figured, "If you're not going to do it with a cute foreign guy while you're in Italy, when ARE you going to do it??" Of course, we got to know each other better after that and fell in love and we're getting married in a month from today. So, no regrets at all.

Edit: But I think even if we'd had our fling while I was in Florence for those few months and then didn't stay together, or just remained friends or whatever, I wouldn't have regretted losing it then. The time had come and it was a good time to lose it -- I wasn't a kid anymore, but I was still young, in college, and perfectly sober/lucid all the while. Plus, I think he's SO good looking and nice (even if we didn't fall in love) that the likelihood of me finding someone else so ideal to lose it to was VERY slim.

Last edited by KLK; 09-12-2008 at 11:57 PM.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I was twenty, almost twenty-one. It was with someone who I'd known for a few years and I had a huge crush one him. I don't regret it, but it was very tough emotionally, since he wasn't in it for a relationship. He broke it off on my twenty-first birthday. Yeah, ouch! Years later, I'm still friends with him, although I don't see him too often. He really wasn't a bad guy, he just had issues at the time (don't we all sometimes.)

I must say, I'm really glad I waited until I was an adult.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:09 AM   #14  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

17. to my best friend. when i think about it, it is with mixed feelings. He is the only person I was ever with that sex meant anything and I don't expect it to mean anything with anyone ever again. I've been married for 6 years now & to me it's just- a thing to do and has nothing to do with a relationship or love or emotions. then again, i am an abuse survivor too... and i'm sure that has a lot to do with my attitude toward sex and men in general.

funny story, mom and i were talking one day after i was grown and married and she told me she thought it was with a boyfriend i had when i was 14! lol. i think given my behavior she was shocked i waited until i was 17.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:15 AM   #15  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I was 16, it was the night after prom (so cliche!) and I had been with him for 2.5 months. He was my first serious boyfriend, and we were together for three years after. I don't regret it one bit. (However, that's not to say I coud have made better choices sleeping with some of the others on my list!)

I do try to live life by the mantra, "I do not regret the things I have done, but those I did not do." So I just chalk things up to experience and move on.
staja is offline   Reply With Quote