anyone in Raleigh, NC

• My husband and I are going to be relocating there and I was curious about what is the best supermarket (cheapest)??
  • Welcome to the area!! I would recommend Aldi (cheap) and Trader Joe's (relatively cheap but great items). There are of course the usual suspects... Food Lion, Lowes Foods, Kroger, Harris Tetter, Whole Foods, Earthfare... a pretty nice Farmer's Market (some items cheap, some not).
  • Your best value for basics will be Food Lion, by far. Also good are the Super WalMarts.
  • Awesome! So what is the overall feel for Raleigh? Does it feel crowded?
  • Do you know where in Raleigh you will be living? Working? I have lived in North Raleigh and now I live in Research Triangle Park and I don't find either to be terribly crowded. I work for a large company and almost never run into anyone from work outside of the office. Raleigh is spread out over a large area and there are a lot of people (not sure of exact population) but it doesn't have that NYC or LA crowded feel. Commutes to work can be long, previously I lived 10 miles from work and it took 30 mins to get there, now I live 6 miles away and it takes 15 minutes to get to work. I don't consider either of these too bad... I guess it just depends on what you think crowded is.
  • We are not quite sure where we are going to live or work! My husband and I have just decided we are going to move down there (we live in Missouri now). The plan is that he will attend Devry full time and I will work. We are debating on buying a house or renting an appartment. We just need a change in scenery and we are living in the town that we grew up in and I just hate everyone knowing your business! We don't have any friends or family down there so that will be kind of scary. But we are excited and we have been reading and researching North Carolina and I think it sounds great so far!