General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #31  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

yes-- I guess I meant the bins like at whole foods-- and not at our trader joe's.
I was thinking maybe there was a better and less expensive "bin" out there.

I do all my produce shopping at costco, they have great produce. if a supermarket has a sale item, that's the only way one will find it less expensive.

keep in mind I shop for a household of seven-- six in family and our au pair. I need a large shop every 7-10 days. and that is with those large costco items!

Last edited by kittycat40; 01-12-2009 at 03:55 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #32  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I gave up my Costco membership. It was great when the kids were at home. After they left, I found I was spending all that money for membership and buying TP.

Sometimes I will go with a fellow chickie and use her membership. Not very often, but a couple of times a year. I don't buy much produce because it is in such a large amount. If I had to buy for a family, I'd be there weekly like I did before.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 145/145/105

Height: 5'1

I think the posts here are mostly being made by people who already have jobs, have established a home, et cetera.

I'm in college, I still live with my parents and they buy all the food. Back when I had a job, I could always buy healthy foods that I liked. If I was bored, instead of staying home and binging, I'd go out.

My parents are great, but I've never been able to get their support where weight-loss is concerned. They're too busy telling me that I look precious at any weight or convincing me that the rich food they've made isn't that fattening.

I've never liked mooching off my parents, so I equally hate the idea that they should buy food that only I'm going to eat. It's cheaper for them to buy canned vegetables (which I've never liked) than for them to buy fresh. I don't even like meat, so I'm mostly living on starch and sugar -- beige foods.

Without any money, I've also canceled my gym subscription.

The 'No Money = Starving' thing isn't true in modern America for the most part.
mushroom22 is offline   Reply With Quote