Changing bra sizes & Bra sale!

• Hey ladies- I just got back from shopping at Lane Bryant, and they're having a buy two bras get two free sale, so I got 4 bras for less than $80. Considering how expensive a good bra is, that's really, really cheap. Plus, the ladies are so nice there and the bras are very high quality. I got the two free ones in a size smaller, so I can try them on in a couple months and see if they fit better (or exchange them before the 90 day period).

So anyway, the last time I bought a bra (pre weight loss) I was a 42DDD, and now I'm a 38F! Oi...my cup size barely changed (it's actually a bigger size now because my band size is smaller).

What are your experiences in the bra dept, with weight loss? The sales lady told me that a lot of women don't get much smaller in the cup size, even if they're getting smaller everywhere else.
  • I used to always wear layne bryant bras. But when I was a 42DD, it was hard to get decent ones there with support that didn't look grandma-ish or have padded cups. I don't need padded cups! So I gave up on layne bryant bras.
    Someone turned me on to Bali bras and I was getting them on sale at Kohls for 1/2 price which made them $15 each when on sale. And if I got lucky and could find the Bali style I liked at TJ Maxx or Marshalls I could get them for $9.99 each. I always hated that being fat made me not able to shop in normal places. My size was **** to find.
    Now that I've lost a good ammount I went back to layne bryant and got re-measured and I'm a 36D. Huge difference and way easier to find my size at a decent price. I was getting robbed at Layne Bryant even when they had sales!
  • kelly, I have gone from a 38DD to a 36B! I don't know about that whole cup size thing not changing. My friends around me that have lost have all experienced similar as I have.
  • I just took advantage of their sale as well. I ordered 4 bras in a band size smaller, so maybe in a month or two they will fit and I wont have to buy new bras. I am really stinkin' excited I can almost wear VS bras oooooh summer time is going to be great.
  • Quote: What are your experiences in the bra dept, with weight loss? The sales lady told me that a lot of women don't get much smaller in the cup size, even if they're getting smaller everywhere else.
    My cup size was a DD before I started and is a DD now. However I've gone from a 42 to a 36 band. I'm OK with DDs but would not be sad if I lost a cup size or two.

Kitty
  • This time around (after baby #3) I have went so far from a 40DD to a 38D-DD (it depends on the brand...usually when I hit goal weight I am right around a 36D.
  • Before I was a 46B and wore sports bra's for my daily bra bc it was soooo hard to find a B cup in 46B. I now wear a 42B. Small chest, I know.

I also can't wait to wear VS bra's!!
  • I went from a 38D to a 32B...it's a sore point with me...grrrr....Not liking the boob situation...
  • I love Lane Bryant's bras....especially their balconette bras! I was upset because I was so ready to buy a bunch of bras at the Lane Bryant Outlet when I went outlet shopping with my friend last week, but the outlet wasn't having the "Buy 2, Get 2" sale. So, I just ordered some last night online!

I was a 42C and am currently a 40C right now. I ordered two 40's and two 38's for future use hopefully.