Picky celebs

• The Smoking Gun has released what some of the celebs require for their performances.

"Celine Dion cares deeply about the comfort of those attending her concerts, according to the singer's 2008-09 tour rider, excerpts of which you'll find below. The Canadian songbird requires promoters to provide "soft seated chairs for the audience," since the rears of Dion fans should never touch a folding chair. The rider also requires Dion's medium-size dressing room to be kept at 73 degrees, and outlaws Ruffles-style potato chips. And as for the performer's fresh breath, credit goes to a small pack of Clorets gum."

"You know a band has been around a long time when its rider requires the provision of three oxygen tanks and three masks. That's one requirement on the AC/DC 2008 tour rider, excerpts of which you'll find below. The band's alcohol requirement consists of exactly one case of Heineken in bottles, though the rider notes, in bold letters, "no beer in dressing room prior to show." However, Angus Young & Co. are presumably allowed to enjoy that small selection of "fun size" candy bars before a concert. Ditto that tasty assortment of imported cheese and crackers (of course, "English cheeses and water crackers preferred")."

Have a look for yourself.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/index.html
  • the oxygen tanks made me giggle out loud! ah to be so spoiled... or rotten anyway.
    funny what some people demand. Marilyn Manson needs his Haribo Gummy Bears- Haribo macht kinder froh! lol. and Weird Al needs his Vegan food. and Rage Against the Machine demands socks and underwear. Bjork needs a masseuse, reflexologist, AND an acupuncturist on call. lol.
  • One of the reasons artists put stuff like that on their riders (and this is not necessarily a good reason), is that when they arrive to a show, they can look at something like a bowl with only green skittles (or whatever they asked for) and they know that the promoter is on top of their game. This isn't always indicative of that, but it's become a practice.

Most artists I've worked with don't care at all what's in their green/dressing room as long as they know you're taking care of them, but I've had some odd requests, too. Usually it's just a request for good local things they can't get anywhere else.

ETA: artists from the 80's are notorious for crazy/big requests. Don't even get me started on Ted Nugent.

Edit 2: I guess Ted is from the 70's (or 60's) but he sure acts like he's from the 80's
  • ugh. ted nugent.

lol
  • I've heard Ted on talk shows. He sounds like a health nut freak! There's nothing wrong with eating healthy but don't push it on everybody else! Sheesh!

Now I'm curious. What about him?
  • Ted was kind of in the 80's to. When he was with Damn Yankees