General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #16  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I like them with some meat on their bones!! Solid, and some nice biceps are a super bonus

I kinda like the belly too....not a big hanging over belly, but kind of like a teddy bear belly that can be rubbed
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #17  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

I definitely must say I noticed going after guys with more weight on them when I started having more weight on me. Dated a couple of skinny guys while I was overweight and I was so obsessed by how I must look next to them and how they couldn't possibly find a girl who is larger then them attractive, etc... and it distracted me from my actual feelings. insecure and immature but... well- it was high school.
When I met my husband he was the complete opposite of my type. He was tall 6'4" a bit bulky, blonde, a bit geeky- and NOT small, dark, and not an artist or musician. The thing about types is- you get a type by having multiple failed relationships with the same type of person. I personally feel like a lot of people wind up with someone who isn't their type- because they finally find someone they are compatible with and surprise! they aren't the usual.
My hubby is starting to slim down and for the first time he weighs less then me. I do find this a bit upsetting, but hopefully it'll motivate me to keep going.

Last edited by lizziep; 01-05-2009 at 04:26 PM.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #18  
FB

I like big logger looking men - or ridiculously huge bodybuilders looking all Incredible Hulkish. Beer guts? No way.

My husband has the physique of an off season logger maybe... who has been eating a bunch of pancakes. Love that guy.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #19  
Operator265

I didn't date large men when I was younger, not b/c of weight, but due to a fear of being abused. I wanted to have them at a size where I stood a reasonable chance of either beating the living **** out of them for trying it or at least being able to fend them off.

Then, I met my X who is absolutely huge. He's 6'5 and was 270 when we hooked up. He has 2 in. and 20 lbs. on John Elway just by nature. Worse, he had a freaky resemblance to Elway and I HATED the Broncos with a pink and purple passion. But, he had a mellow personality, couldn't imagine hitting a woman and, in all honesty, even if he would have ever slipped up a smacked me, I would have taken him down in a real battle cause he would have been apologizing for the one hit while I was going ape nuts breaking everything in the house over his head. My mom also let him know when we got engaged that if he ever touched her DD or one of her grand babies she would spend every penny she had making sure he never saw the outside of a jail cell again. (thank goodness women's rights have come a long way since I was born.)

Our body types are really quite similar. Yes I'm 15 inches shorter, but I'm stocky. I can't drop below 130 which is at the high end of the weight charts and he couldn't get below about 250 at the most. In fact, 270 seemed to be right on him. We also have the same color eyes, similar hair color, cheek bones, etc. When our DD was young the folks who were closer with me thought she bore my resemblance and those who were closer to John thought she bore his resemblance.

Weirder thing about us is, the divorce isn't necessarily working out and we may wind up getting back together.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #20  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Enlighten me, somebody. What are the DH's and DD's being bandied about?
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #21  
Backpedaling!!

I must reiterate: I ADORE BIG MEN. I also like them kind of hairy and short, too. There's something wrong with me. LOL
Old 01-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #22  
Operator265

DH=Dear or Damned Husband(Depending on behavior, we'll figure it out.)
DD=Same as above Daughter
DS=Same as above Son

And here is a link to the acronyms. Helped me out a lot.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83585
Old 01-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #23  
Backpedaling!!

Oh cool, thank you. I've been kind of out of touch with all the acronyms since I stopped lurking in chat rooms in high school. LOL 'Preciate it!

P.S. Congratulations on how much weight you've lost. You must feel amazing!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #24  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I have always preferred big/tall men...6 ft and taller and at least 200lbs.+

Years ago though I always preferred dark haired guys and first hubby was but ended up with a tall/big blonde this second time. Before I was married I did date shorter guys, okay, maybe one or two...just like a guy with some meat on his bones and someone taller than me.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #25  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I prefer my big man, but he's the first really big guy I dated (unless you count first dates, then I've dated two). I wasn't really avoiding big guys, size just wasn't my criteria (one way or the other).

I don't oppose chubby chasing per se (a guy finding overweight women their ideal of feminine beauty) but am disgusted by the guys I think of more as chubby collectors (wanting noncommitted sex with as many fat chicks as possible) or chubby fetishists (the sex with the fat women is more important than the woman herself).

I wanted a real guy who wanted a real woman, not a trophy (whatever the shape of the trophy he had in mind). I wasn't finding it in the "real" world guy meeting arenas, so I advertised for it, placing an ad in a local papers' personal ads about 7 years ago. I described my personality and body (yep, age height and weight, included) and that I was dieting and trying to get healthier, and was looking for a guy of any size who was doing the same, or sympathetic (in order not to attract the guys who would be disappointed if I lost weight). I also uploaded a photo and ad to the newspaper's companion online personal ads.

The ad got a lot of weird responses from a 70 year old alcoholic with no teeth (got to admire the guy for putting that up front in his voice mail reply to the ad), to a 19 year old, african american dreadlocked college student (I was 35 and interracial dating would have been fine, but 16 years younger?!)

One guy was an over-the-road semi driver and wanted no-strings-attached sex along his route (I took that to mean "free prostitute"). I guess he thought he had a lot to offer, because after I ignored his voice mail response I received a second one a couple weeks later, asking again, apparently stumped as to why I hadn't found the proposition tempting (hmmm).

There were a couple normal responses, and I had a nice date with one guy (also a big guy, hugely tall, overweight too, but in a GIANT california surfer way), but he was also a compulsive liar. I learned from a coworker that knew him that he had lied about almost everything he had told me. He did admit in the date that he was not in his 30's as he had stated, but in his 50's (though he did look more like 30 than 50), but he told me he was a pilot, and talked like he meant passenger planes, but as the coworker revealed he had been a crop duster until he lost his business. Those were at least "stretching the truth until it breaks," lies, but there were others that were just out and out fabrications of imagination. So no second date for him.

I almost didn't respond to my husband's voicemail, because I was a bit weirded out by liar surfer.

At any rate, I wasn't physically attracted to hubby at first, but the more we dated, the more attracted I became, because he was just so intelligent and funny. Intelligent and funny is my weakness when it comes to men. Intelligent and funny just instantly makes a guy a lot more attractive to me.

I did underestimate though the attraction of feeling smaller than the guy. I'm fairly tall, nearly 5'7" most of my life (now nearer to 5'6") and have dated guys slightly taller and slightly shorter than I am. I didn't feel like Godzilla or anything, but being nearly 6" shorter than my husband does make me feel smaller. He only weighs about 35 lbs more than I do, so I'm fatter, relatively - but I feel so much smaller because I never have had a full comprehension of how large I am, because I'm deeper than wider. I don't mind looking at myself in the mirror head-on, but sideways Blegh. I love hugging him and snuggling into his chest without having to stoop.

Last edited by kaplods; 01-06-2009 at 03:04 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

My physical tastes in men (or anyone else) have not changed regardless of my weight. I've roughly had the same tastes since I was around 13 I'm very picky about looks (and even worse about personality). While saying that, I am also very open-minded. Contradictory, eh?

It is quite simple: I think the world is FULL of beautiful, attractIVE people, but I am attractED to very, very few. I've always just jokingly said to my friends when it comes to tastes in men, "No wires and no spare tires!"

I like big guys, but I don't like fat guys. Some guys are built like vikings with large bones and broad shoulders, and those can be simply perfect as long as they are strong, muscular, and aren't storing much in the midsection. I think my physically ideal man is ripped, athletic-looking (biceps, pecs, abs ), around 5'10"-6'2", and medium to large in build.

On the other hand, I am rarely attracted to super skinny guys; if they are over 5'10" but under 150, that is usually unappealing, and weighing less than me isn't exactly a turn-on, either, BUT there are always exceptions those guidelines and I never say never. I dated a 5'5" 115 pound guy once because he had great hair, beautiful eyes, a dynamic smile, a creative spirit, a good sense of style, and a heart of gold.

On a side note, I can sympathize with those of you who have gotten hit on by men who enjoy bigger girls. Those sometimes hit on me when I was bigger myself, and it always made me feel VERY uncomfortable. There was this one guy I worked with who invited me to a party and started hitting on me one day. He was Creole (basically a light skinned black guy with green eyes - GORGEOUS) and said, "I LOVE thick white girls. I KNOW you got a fat @$$ behind those baggy clothes. You are SO HOT." My skin crawled at the fact he considered me thick. I had another one tell me he loved watching fat jiggle (like the guy freshmanweightorbust encountered ). I wanted to throw up. It always made me feel really gross about myself when men fetishized my fat.

However, the reason it disgusted me was NOT because they were fetishizing me (I've had men fetishize my muscles now and I love it!), but because they were fetishizing a part of me that I was uncomfortable about and disgusted with.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #27  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have always preferred men who are taller than me. I prefer them to have nice biceps , nice ab's and a nice round butt. My DH is 6'0 and 170 lbs and in great physical shape. During our now 11 year marriage there have been times that I was bigger than he is, but I much prefer being smaller than him.

In the past I have dated men that were up to 6'4 and as much as 250 lbs. but the attraction for me just wasn't there.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #28  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Mens weight doesn't bother me. I believe men can look good at 170 pounds and probably up to 300 pounds if they are tall. I feel more protected or something when I am with a big guy. That being said, my hubby is in shape and is 170 pound variety. So, no, you aren't alone liking a big guy. Plus, when they are so big, it makes me feel smaller! LOL
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #29  
ugggg.....

All the men on both sides of my family are 6 ft and over, even my aunts are 5'9" - 5'10"--at just under 5'6"--my mom and I are the short ones....I have always been attracted to tall guys that aren't super skinny even when I weighed 120-125 lbs

ps--I second Lilybelles motion on the nice butts--gotta fill out those Levi's

Last edited by jules1216; 01-06-2009 at 07:20 PM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I think I prefer average size men, although I've dated a big man before. I'm not sure if was more because I thought I liked big men at the time or because I feel uncomfortable around men that are smaller than me.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote