Half ton mom/dad/teen/man

• Did anyone else see these on TLC?

My heart goes out to them.
  • I've heard of the half ton mom story. Like every other addiction there is personal responsibility but especially in her case there had to be have been some pretty involved enablers. When you get to be that heavy its not you doing the food shopping. Renee at 900 lbs was just saddening, I mean to get there at just 29 years old how many calories is that daily to maintain, I just don't think she's did it all to herself. And to leave children without a mother is the saddest part of all.
  • I agree, and her daughter seemed so mature, and such a sweetheart. Both of them did.

I think they just go tto the point where they gave up and gave into every whim. I agree someone needed to be bringing them the food, bu regardless of how they got there, and who's fault it is, it saddens me, and I truly feel sorry for them, and my heart goes out to them.
  • I saw these too. It makes me worry a lot about a friend of mine who is pushing 500. Me and my SO were saying all it would take is one bad fall and he could be one of these people. I am worried!!
  • Anyone planning to tune in to Dietribe tonight? From what I can tell it's a group of friends who all need to reduce. I guess it's their story as they journey together. It's on @ 9 central on Lifetime.
  • I want to check out that Dietrive- I wish I had some friends around me who needed to lose weight so we could go to the gym together- but I always have to go alone or with my sister who doesn't NEED to lose weight....
  • About the mom. So sad. I feel so bad for her girls. She did encourage others by her final actions though.
  • The young boy needs to be seperated from his mom for a while. She totally enables him. If you can't walk to the kitchen, someone has to bring it to you. I don't mean to sound so mean, but he could only eat what she brought to him.