How about taco soup??? Whenever I have friends over, I make this awesome soup. You can either use ground turkey or lean ground beef. If you go on allrecipes and type in taco soup, there will be different variations. It is so simple too. Just brown your beef/turkey and onions and dump everything into a pot and let it cook for 1-2 hours or you can let it cook all day
It is a great idea because each person can add their favorite toppings: cheese, guacamole, sour cream, corn bread etc
One of the recipes from that site that I use
* 2 pounds lean ground beef
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles (ROTEL)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
* 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style black beans
* 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
* 1 1/2 cups water
* 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
* 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, drained
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
* 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of corn
1. In a large Dutch oven, brown the beef and chopped onion over medium heat. Drain off any fat.
2. Add chilies, salt and pepper, beans, water, seasoning mixes, hominy, and stewed tomatoes to the beef and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Top with shredded cheese, and serve with chips.