Ages 5+

• For the last hour and a half DH and I have been getting beaten down by a Transformer toy, designed for ages 5+. Neither one of us can get the &#@& thing back into a car... I at least have gotten a little closer than he has, but oh my gosh... I brought it upstairs with me just now to hide, hoping to distract DSS from noticing it is gone until I find a 5 year old to do it for me. (DSS is only 3.75, so a slightly age inappropriate gift from an extended family member.)

See if I ever buy one of these stupid things!
  • And, I just posted that rant and it finally clicked... It is going to be a car for the rest of time... Anyone who turns that thing into a robot in my house gets a firing squad at dawn...
  • I feel your pain. Does it come with instructions?
  • Oh yeah, it had instructions. They clearly showed how to get from a car to robot. Then at the bottom said "Reverse directions for return to car". Reverse directions? There were arrows and signs and highlights and whosiwatzits, reversing the directions was a lot easier to say than to do!

Cute avatar pic! How old is he?
  • Remember kid approved means adult proof, in most of my experiences.
  • My husband said that the first generation (he's such a dork) transformers were impossible to transform and that they have gotten a little easier since...

They still stump me

(regarding my avatar, he's 2.5)
  • "So easy ONLY a child can do it!"
  • I rely on my 7 year old to help my 4 year olds with legos and transformers. I am incapable.
  • My husband has a knack for getting those things back together. My boys are 4 and 6 and when they bring one to me to transform I tell them to go find dad I have no clue.
  • BIL bought my ds a transformer for Christmas... I can't figure the thing out for the life of me... but ds is a pro at 7 years of age lol
  • Quote: Remember kid approved means adult proof, in most of my experiences.
    agreed!
  • There are really cool transformer-like toys called GoBots that are made for the younger set. My son loved them. MUCH easier to transform.
  • I've seen the GoBots, haven't tried them. I should though, as he liked these Transformers. I can't say I would have tried these yet, either, had my relative not failed to read the 5+ on the box she picked up for my 3.75 year old son! But, try telling him that daddy and shannon can't fix the car back!