General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Water Bottles?

So, I'd like to be more economical and not waste so many water bottles. What are the best water bottles nowadays? Where do you get them? What are their prices? Any input would be great.....Thanks!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #2  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I think the best water bottles are the aluminum ones (because they won't leak any undesirable chemicals or what not).

I just became an owner of a plastic water bottle (but only because I won it at my gym). It is reasonably good - I am very anal about the cap, because I insist that I need to be able to just to flip it off with one hand in order to drink. I don't like the bottles where you have to completely unscrew the cap - but that's just a personal preference.
I continue looking for a nice aluminum one that would make me happy. One thing that bothers (with aluminum bottles) that there is no see-through window that would allow you to see how water is left in there.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I have 3 Nalgene water bottles. They have a flip open cap that you can do with one hand. Mine are see through green with a black lid/cap. They are FABULOUS. I use them for water, tea, crystal light...all of it.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'd second what Tomato said, due to worry of plastics, aluminum as long as its coated are usually what is recommended. I have a few of them. There are a few brands including Sigg, Larken and then there klean kanteen ones which are stainless steel.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

What do they coat the aluminum bottles with?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #6  
Steps on this journey...

Height: 5'3

I have a Nalgene bottle and a Camelbak bottle. Both are BPA-free plastic. I like the Camelbak one better because the shape (wine bottle-ish) is more convienent for me the the Nalgene round shape. The Camelbak bottle also has a little clip I can use to carry it with one water. Both hold about 32 oz and both have flip top straw contraptions.

I completely agree about not using bottled water. I use filtered water in my bottle. IMHO, bottled water is a huge waste of money and terrible for the enviornment (plastic, energy it takes to transport them) and the bottles are just plain too small for my water binges.
TheBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #7  
starting over again

I picked up some Oggi aluminum water bottles at Marshall's yesterday for $5.99. I also saw them at Ross.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #8  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

I love my BPA-free Nalgene water bottle. It is big, and simple looking ... blue cap with a clearish bottle. I don't need a fancy design. http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=59
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote