3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What were you doing five years ago? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/156709-what-were-you-doing-five-years-ago.html)

mazza 11-18-2008 07:41 PM

What were you doing five years ago?

Did you have a different job?

Were you living in another city?

Little things, big things... include anything.

I'll start. Five years ago, I was living in a Greek-culture rich neighbourhood, in a large semi-terrace house, and had a bedroom with a window large enough to crawl out of.

What were you doing five years ago?

Beautiful Ace 11-18-2008 07:43 PM

Haha, I was 13 so I was probably whining about whatever there was at the time and sitting at home watching simpsons.

djay 11-18-2008 07:51 PM

5 years ago...I smoked 2 packs per day. My youngest daughter was in High School. I worked for the best boss I ever had. I lived in a different town. I lived in a larger house. My oldest daughter wasn't married and still lived at home. I didn't have a granddaughter. My Black Lab was still living. I didn't have my Bichon Fise. My husband was still living.

Wow...The only thing that remains constant is that things change!

wantingtolose 11-18-2008 08:06 PM

5 years ago i was 22, and i was pregnant with my son. I had just found out he was a BOY! and i was so excited. I was nervous for thanksgiving since out of town relatives were visiting and i was going to tell them all the news. I felt huge, and had no idea that all the eating i was doing was going to leave me with a 70lb weight gain, and take me 2 years to lose. My son was worth it though :D

junebug41 11-18-2008 08:14 PM

21, Pothead, smoker, music student, obese, sharpening skates, in a really bad relationship...

Boy have we come a long way :lol:

Chele615 11-18-2008 08:16 PM

Five years ago, my life was very similar to what it is now. I was 24 years old and was starting my third year teaching high school special education. I was working on my Master's Degree in Learning Disabilities and was almost done with it. I was actually just finishing up my practicum/seminar and doing my last class. I traveled a lot to visit friends and see skating events.

Five years later, I am still doing a lot of the same things. I still teach high school special education and this is my eighth year doing it. I have been done with my Master's since January of 2005 when I graduated summa cum laude. I still travel a bunch for different skating events and love every minute of it!!!

The two main differences are that I have two nieces and a nephew who were not born yet five years ago and I am now 40 pounds smaller than I was back then! I also remembered another one. Five years ago, I was driving a blue Chevy Cavalier and now I'm driving a silver Ford Focus. LOL

PhotoChick 11-18-2008 08:21 PM

Five years ago

* I had just moved into my townhouse.
* I was married
* I was working a data contract for the American Cancer Society
* I drove a Saturn
* My dad was alive
* I used Canon gear (heh)

That's about it, I think.

DRose 11-18-2008 08:30 PM

5 years ago I was a freshman in highschool. I lived in a different house, in a different town with my mom. We didn't have my second pug. I had never been kissed and never had a boyfriend. I was a size 14-16. (Now I'm fitting into size 8's!!). I fought with my brother all the time. And I was only 14 so I didn't have a license or anything.

zeffryn 11-18-2008 08:32 PM

Five years ago:

I was newly engaged to my now husband
I was living in Minneapolis in a teensy, old but full of character apartment
I was in grad school
I drove a celica
I was broke
I had a job
I didn't have kids

evilwomaniamshe 11-18-2008 08:42 PM

5 years ago I started my own business. I've been a successful entrepreneur ever since!

FB 11-18-2008 08:44 PM

5 years ago I was fat and pregnant!
I lived in a smaller, newer house that I hated, (always loved old homes) which I swore I would sell while my husband was at work.
I drove a PT Cruiser :/
I wasn't working much by choice.
Pretty broke as a result.

yogajane 11-18-2008 08:46 PM

Engaged, living in a different country, bored, drinking. Wow, life has changed!

Lyria 11-18-2008 08:59 PM

Five years ago:

- I was 20
- In my first year at Uni
- I was badly under eating
- Chronically over exercising
- In the grip of anorexia
- Had a casual job
- Trying to save (on campus & at Uni this was an impossibility!)
- Had severe self worth and esteem issues
- No serious boyfriend, just a stream of "flings"

Ahhh...life is so much better 5 years older and wiser!

cbmare 11-18-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay (Post 2459797)
5 years ago...My husband was still living.

Wow...The only thing that remains constant is that things change!

I'm sorry for your loss. You're very young to be widowed. I was widowed before I was 30 and had 2 kids. That was 28 years ago and it still hurts at times.

Five years ago...My second most favorite job I've ever had in my life was ending thanks to that :censored: Enron debacle. However, the opportunity to go back to school and get my BA, complete with books and tuition, fell into my lap. I jumped at it.

My favorite aunt, favorite uncle and mom were still alive.

jessisaokay 11-18-2008 09:10 PM

I was a sophmore in high school, had a new boyfriend and first real job, was 6 months out of the eating disorder hospital and in the beginning stages of what would become a 130 pound weight gain.