General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/127.5/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Feeling bloated at night...

For the past few weeks I have been feeling really bloated at night. At first I thought maybe it had to do with the sodium content in the lean cuisines I eat for dinner. After switching up my diet for a couple of days and really watching my sodium intake, I still feel super bloated.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Do you know what the cause of it is?
KRy172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/278.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Are you using any Slim Fast products, or anything like that? I tried it a long time ago - do not recommend it - and I always felt bloated and at times even sick to my stomach. I actually also have the same reaction to bananas, if I have more than a couple in a given week. I'm sorry you're dealing with this; it's got to be very uncomfortable. Hopefully, someone will have some better advice for you.
schmalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

If you've been eating the Lean Cuisines for dinner regularly, you might need to give it a little longer than a few days to flush out your system. Are you drinking enough water to offset the amount of sodium you're eating? Or were eating?

I know I feel bloated at night when I eat too much salt or when I eat too much sugar/carby stuff. And I especially feel bloated and just overall yucky when I don't drink enough water.

I'd keep lowering the salt intake and drinking more water for a few more days to see how you feel.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:03 AM   #4  
=D

On top of the sodium/hydration things, some other factors to consider:

- Perhaps its something else you're eating that is triggering this bloating (are you lactose intolerant? possibly have IBS?)
- Have you been eating your dinner later than usual? Is there time to digest your food a bit before you go to bed?

Last edited by mazza; 11-13-2008 at 01:03 AM.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Can someone tune me in please? In my head, bloated is a puffy belly thing and fluid retention is a hands and feet and face swelling thing. Can you tell me what you guys mean?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote