Famous Persons dress-up party!!??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi all
    im looking for some ideas if anyone has any
    i have a party this weekend and the theme is 'artists ball' and we have to dress up as some sort of artist/ famous person, and the only person i can come up with is marilyn monroe but a bet about ten other people will go as her!
    i want something really different and possibly even someone with blonde hair so i dont have to wear an itchy wig all night!!!

all suggestions welcome!!!
  • Amy Winehouse would be easy. She had a style of makeup that nobody can mistake. Pop a red flower in your hair, or black wig, since I googled pics of her and there's more than a couple with the red flower. And then dress and accessorize according to her style I guess!

Oh.. I just noticed the no wig part... there's black hair spray.. but I'll bet it will tint your hair.
  • Katherine Heigl from Grey's Anatomy. She has similar hair, a similar bone structure, and you could go to the Goodwill or Wal-Mart and get scrubs to wear.
  • Hmmm, looking at your picture and assessing your 'vibes' (hehe) I immediately thought Edie Sedgwick, Andy Warhol's famously favorite model and actress in his Factory. I've been her for Halloween and it was SO fun - I felt so glamorous yet original, and not a carbon copy of the other 15 Marilyn Monroes around.

Part your hair to the side, tuck both behind your ears and then maybe bun it back so it appears as though you have a short haircut. Use liquid eyeliner on your top lid that extends to your outer creases, fill in your eyebrows with a dark pencil and make yourself a mole on your right cheek (and yes, it IS possible to do this quite tastefully... I think I looked hotter than ever with my eyebrows a little fuller). And an extra zinger would be fake eyelashes! And always keep your lips NUDE.

For clothes, simply black leggings, some sort of black wedge heels or high heel boots are perfect. For a top, Edie was known for making the sailor shirt very fashionable (simple tee shirt with dark stripes... you know.)

Or just any chic '60s close-hugging top or tank would do.

The icing on the cake... HUGE earrings!!!!

Here are some pictures for you to get an idea:

http://frillr.com/files/images/Edie-Sedgwick--'Chic'-Look.preview.jpg
    http://xs128.xs.to/xs128/08235/7582_...ick2_1_618.jpg
    http://www.observer.com/files/imagec...-EdieSed1V.jpg

Have fun, no matter what you go as!
  • Madonna, Britney, Gwen Stefani, Kid Rock ....
  • thankyou all so much for you ideas!
    madelinrose that was such a cool idea she is gorgeous!
    and the amy winehouse idea is so cool too -and would be really easy an so fun to ddraw all the fake tattoos on!
    im gonna look up all the suggestions on the net so i can pick one!
    thanks guys!
  • I always think of the girl on Heroes... Ali Larter when I look at you.

Maybe Lucile Ball?
  • Bret Michaels - just wear some eyeliner, put on a bunch of lip gloss, pout a lot, toss on a bandana, and voila!

(Just hope no one mistakes you for Goldie Hawn)

In your icon, it appears you look a little like Drew Barrymore.

You could also go as Anna Nicole and hope no one thinks you're yet another Marilyn Monroe...
  • hahha i like the brett michaels one- an so true about goldie hawn ha.

im loving the completement on resembeling drew barrymore also! the thing is if i went as her id want something to really stand out- so you knew i was her and noone had to come up an ask?

i was thinking anna nicole smith too- butas u said marilyn monroe all over again
  • Quote:
    i was thinking anna nicole smith too- butas u said marilyn monroe all over again
    That one has some possibilities, too. Go to Youtube and watch some clips from her show...and get the "act" down. Go to the Dollar Store or something and get a cheap vase, or something that you could use as an urn (from her deceased rich old husband). Go around acting crazy like she did, talking to the urn.

THAT would be fun....
  • you could go as a mime...that would definitely be interesting :P
  • Donatella Versace. I love what they've done with her on SNL. Sooo campy.
  • If you go as someone you look like, just get a "Hello, my name is.." sticker and write it in. No one will ask and it will be funny.
  • Quote: Go to the Dollar Store or something and get a cheap vase, or something that you could use as an urn (from her deceased rich old husband). Go around acting crazy like she did, talking to the urn.
    that is seriously an awesom idea and soo funny!! hahaha i can just picture it!
    so what do you reckon i would wear? like a pink skanky dress..haha
  • I would see if you can find some clips of The Anna Nicole Show on Youtube or something, and take notes on how she dressed, did her hair, makeup, etc. and her speech. She acted "out of it" and slurred a lot...and WHINED.

If you have a guy who can act like your "Bobby Trendy" or her Howard, that would be even BETTER.

I am laughing just thinking about it...if I were blonde, I would totally do it myself.

Here is a clip with Anna Nicole and Bobby Trendy, when he was designing her bedroom with her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5adjD9nkJMM