Even though I am new here..I just had to share!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I know you all don't know much about me being new n all; but I had to share since all my family is in bed (party poopers) and I can't wake them and my DH is at work and I can't get him...

My brother, Darren, is on his way home from Iraq!!!!!!!!! This was his second duty tour over there! He has FIVE children; 9, 7, 5, 3 and almost 2

His almost 2 yr old Rowan; he was born about 1 month before he left; he hasnt seen him since IRL...

Being a former military wife; my heart totally explodes with pride knowing what he has chosen to do with his life and his family (wife) gives up so he can do what he feels he is called to do. He is with the 10th Mtn division based at Fort drum NY... He is in Kuwait now and should be home Tues/Wed!!
    I miss him sooo much! It'll be months before I see him, being in IL and all..

His wife is an Officers child, silver spoon army brat lol..so she's used to it..but still five children ackkkkkkkk...

I just had to share..(Please don't get political on me with we shouldnt be in this war, I don't believe in this war etc..just hoping for support for our Soldiers thats all!)...

Mar
  • It is good to hear that is coming home. I am sure it will be a sweet reunion for you all. I tear up every time we have soldiers come home in our town and we get to hear about it. Just to see those kids run up to their dad and wife gets to have a long overdue kiss and a hug just gets me every time. Im sure you can't wait to hug his neck. Congratulations again!
  • Thank you so much!!!!
  • Dear Mar,
    I'm so happy for you! You must be so excited to see him!
  • That's great! I am sure you and your family will be happy to have him back home.
  • Great news.

I hope you get to see him soon.
  • Im so happy hes coming home safe and sound! Scary stuff over there!
  • Awww its so nice that hes coming home to his wife and kids! got me all teared up
  • Awesome MAR! My nephew just finished his second week of NAVY basic training...raised him and proud of him too!
  • That's fantastic. Please give him our gratitude and respect!
  • I'm so glad your brother is on his way home! My family and I are so proud of what our troops are doing and the sacrifices they make-leaving their families and friends and going off to defend our country. But, it's an answer to our prayers every time we know of one of them coming back home! You must be so glad! Best wishes to him and his family and you, as well
  • It's always good news to have troops home from a war zone safe and sound! It is even more cause for celebration when we remember they went there to make sure that we could be here all safe and sound!
    I'm very happy for your brother and all of your family!
  • God bless your brother and all others in the military.
  • OMG!!!! That is so great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooooo happy that your brother is coming home!!!!! Are you gonna go to the homecoming?? One of our best friends is coming home from Iraq soon!!!! We cannot wait to see him again!!
    Times like this make me very proud to be a Military wife!!
  • How exciting!

My husband is in the Marine Corps and currently deployed... he should be home by the end of March and I can't WAIT.

We don't have any children, but we do have a puppy, and he treats her like a child anyways so I'm pretty sure it counts, lol.