General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, I'll definitely post whatever deals I find as I find them.

Also about the buffets - they are expensive but they're HUGE and not the only option by a long shot. I would reserve one of the buffets for a one day splurge type of thing. The one at the Rio is really really good.

But the rest of the time, there's tons of other small places around to eat. In the walkway between Ballys and Paris there are a bunch of little restaurants. The Creperie is one of my favorites - and it's not expensive. There's also places where you can grab a salad or a wrap for a few $$.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw23 View Post
Hey! Now there's in idea!
Hee, hee - that's what I was going to say. We only have about a bazillion wedding chapels See, then PhotoChick could take the pictures and write off the whole trip as a business expense

I've seen posts from some 3FC members who actually know more about my town than I do - best hotel rooms and such for sure - but if you have specific questions, or need a little help with some research, I'll be more than happy to do some local "footwork" for you.

Keep in mind that room rates change, usually up, so the sooner you book the better - Usually the hotels will honor the rate advertised at the time you book but, if you keep an eye on specials (like Priceline, etc.) you can make changes in your reservations to get better rates up to as close as 24 hours before your arrival date.

Wish I had a bigger house!
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
Also about the buffets - they are expensive but they're HUGE and not the only option by a long shot. I would reserve one of the buffets for a one day splurge type of thing. The one at the Rio is really really good.

But the rest of the time, there's tons of other small places around to eat. In the walkway between Ballys and Paris there are a bunch of little restaurants. The Creperie is one of my favorites - and it's not expensive. There's also places where you can grab a salad or a wrap for a few $$.

Yeah, you want to be careful with the buffets - the cheapo ones are dreadful for a group of people that are trying to eat healthy (think lots of grease and refined carbs) and the expensive ones have some great, healthy choices but aren't necessarily a good value for peeps practicing portion control. Plenty of time and, at the rate we're going, lots of new places likely to be open by the time you all get here....
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #19  

Height: 5'6.5

Thank you vegas girl! We hope to see you too when we are there!!!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #20  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Wow, I didn't even know we were voting on that?!?! I didn't even know anyone was planning it! Well I will have a 1 year old then, so I don't think I would be able to make it but I hope you all have fun!!!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #21  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Wow...just saw this. I leave for San Diego and Las Vegas tomorrow. If we find property I just might be there in 2010.

Try www.harrahs.com for several different hotels. Right now they have some for $45.00 a night.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #22  

Modkitten - You can too go to Vegas for a few days even though you have a one year old. That's what Dad is for!!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

When I went to Vegas this year we stayed at HOOTERS because it was the cheapest... 2010 is a ways away but I may very likely come since I'll be due by then.

Oh and JamieJo I'm SOOOO up for Thunder From Down Under. I went in July for my 21st and was amazing!!!

Last edited by peachcake; 10-16-2008 at 02:14 PM.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #24  

Peachcake - Wasn't it HALARIOUS!?!?!?! I didn't realize it was going to be funny too. I figured it was going to be guys on a stage throwing their g-strings at us...but boy was I WRONG! I stayed half of the trip at the Excallaber and really enjoyed myself there. I would stay there again for sure! We were there last March.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Okay...so I'm wondering do you guys just want me to pick a hotel? I mean we have a long time to save up for it.....I won't pick anything outrageous....

What do you think.....are we ready to know where we are going to stay, when we are going to be there....so we can start looking at booking/saving up?
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #26  

Which hotels were you looking at?
Old 10-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #27  

I posted 3 hotels at the beginning of this thread with links so you all could look at pics....and a slight description.....also if anyone has any to add please do so but include a link...

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

When Angie and I "cheap date" Vegas, we usually try the Luxor...close to the tram...she likes the spa there.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
When Angie and I "cheap date" Vegas, we usually try the Luxor...close to the tram...she likes the spa there.
Hey thanks...I checked that one out...it looks nice...and it wasn't very expensive!!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I do think we could wait before making any decsion on a hotel, if we were going to try to find one where we could all stay. We're talking about a date very nearly 2 years from now and things in Vegas will change a lot in 2 years.

New hotels will be around, old ones might be gone ... I think that this time next year will be soon enough to make any definitive statements about where we want to consider staying.

Let's keep an eye on things and post thoughts and ideas - but not make any commitments yet.

Just my thoughts based on my visits to LV every year for the past 8 or 9.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote