General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 317/257/???

Height: 5'11''

I loooove Black Friday!!! My mom, sister and I did it a couple of years in a row. My boyfriend and I did it last year and it was so much fun! (Mind you, we're near Chicago and last year, in the early morning hours I think it was in the 20's out) If my boyfriend can get off of work, we definitely plan on going this year.
NaturalStupidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #32  

Last year I went out to Walmart at 5am with my sister to get a digital camera. It was crazy! Like someone mentioned, you have to purchase the electronics on sale at the electronics section which is really small and gets crowded really fast. I got my camera without incident, so I was good. I may go out this year with my sister again....
biosci02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #33  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

can I just say that I'm so freakin' excited about Black Friday.....
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Me, too!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:19 AM   #35  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I am really disappointed with most of the ads that have been leaked this year.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #36  
beachin'

Where are you finding leaked ads?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:15 AM   #37  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Macy's needs to hurry up with theirs. They have a good sale today and tomorrow on comforters sets 200-400 for 60-80. Too bad I couldn't get off work to go snag a few for gifts. I know there won't be any left for Black Friday.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
Where are you finding leaked ads?
www.bfads.net
blackfriday.gottadeal.com
Old 11-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #39  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!!! Target and Old Navy and Toys R Us are the ones we mainly go to... stay far from Best Buy, as some mentioned they have s--l--o--w lines. I've already got my sitter lined up, so the hubs and I can shop, shop, shop... then get breakfast at the Cracker Barrel.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearFreak View Post
I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!!! Target and Old Navy and Toys R Us are the ones we mainly go to... stay far from Best Buy, as some mentioned they have s--l--o--w lines. I've already got my sitter lined up, so the hubs and I can shop, shop, shop... then get breakfast at the Cracker Barrel.
Have you seen Target's ad this year? Its pretty horrible
Old 11-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #41  
beachin'

Mod - thanks. I thought that was what you meant...I checked it out and wasn't too impressed...although there are a lot of places that release new information the day before. Let's wait to see. Most of the stores that I'm going to haven't even released their stuff yet.

I thought I would see better deals on Blu-Ray players. DH wants one for the bedroom.

It looks like Kohls has some pretty decent stuff....they always have good sales, though.

Sass - is that sale in-store only?
-

Unfortunately, my in-laws have decided to split a month before Thanksgiving. It really is putting a damper on my black friday shopping as now we're having two thanksgiving meals - one Thursday and another Friday. Friday is the one that I have to bring the most stuff to. I told DH that I would set him up with a list of things that I needed him to do while I was gone. I'm not planning to hit as many stores this year as I'm going by myself - in and out! I shouldn't be home too late this year. Even going as many places as my group went last year, we weren't home much later than 9. Hopefully I'll be able to come home and rest for awhile before starting on my Turkey Day cooking.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #42  
beachin'

Mod - I heard from a friend who works at Target that they have other sales that will be released Thursday.

Ugh...I definitely stay away from Toys R Us...I can't handle the people in that store!

This year, I'm doing Wal-Mart, Old Navy and Kohls for sure. Probably a golf store in town for DH. Maybe Target if I find out they have better deals. So far, Target really hasn't impressed me. We'll see what they release Thanksgiving Day. Last year their sales weren't all that impressive either.

I really don't have a lot of things that I need to buy...most of the stuff that DH put on his x-mas list, I'm going to have to buy online from a specialty music store. Family is mainly getting food gift baskets. DS is getting toys and games, but I bought all of his stuff at Wal-Mart last year. I am hoping to be able to find more pajamas for him this year. Last year, I bought a ton of different jammies for $3 a piece.

I'm hoping Kohls has some x-mas decor on sale, I'm sure they will. Bigger home this year requires more stuff!

I always get a hundred times more excited when the actual ads come out - I guess I'm tactile like that.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #43  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

zeff - if you are looking for blu-ray, don't forget to look at ps3s. Gaming systems are built to put up with a lot of abuse and I know many people who bought a ps3 to play blu-ray movies and they have been pretty happy.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:34 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
zeff - if you are looking for blu-ray, don't forget to look at ps3s. Gaming systems are built to put up with a lot of abuse and I know many people who bought a ps3 to play blu-ray movies and they have been pretty happy.
We bought our PS3 for the gaming AND the blu-ray. I love it! If you are only using it for blu-ray though, you're probably wasting money. The PS3 is around $399 and yuo can get a blu-ray on Black Friday for $150
Old 11-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #45  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
We bought our PS3 for the gaming AND the blu-ray. I love it! If you are only using it for blu-ray though, you're probably wasting money. The PS3 is around $399 and yuo can get a blu-ray on Black Friday for $150
We are going to wait on blu-ray for a while although we are going to buy a laptop with a blu-ray drive. Woot recently had a blu-ray player for $150 but it wasn't very good so I'm a bit skeptical Although for me I rather spend more on an electronics item than have to shop on black friday. Actually, I generally don't step into a store (other than grocery) between Thanksgiving and New Years. Once 2009 hits, it'll be safe again for me to enter stores
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote