General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default when would a cat EVER pee on a stove??!!!!

Furthermore, WHY would a cat deliberately p*ss on a stove???

I don't know if I should laugh or be angry... I'm torn between the two. My animals are potty trained by the way, for any smart-@ss who might come around and tell me I need to teach them to use the crapbox.

I saw my mommy kitty jump on the stove earlier, which okay, I'll be honest, my cats are bad and they have a habit of jumping on top of everything and they get away with it. They're spoiled. Anyway, I went over to the sink (and the stove is right by it) and I saw a huge puddle of pee. Wth!!!!!!!

I'm bemused and confuddled. Confuddled is a mixture of confused and befuddled. I don't think I made it up, either. Okay, looking back at my title, it's a tad overly dramatic, but jeez. Weird little cat.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-29-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Hahahahh.

Cats are weird. There's nothing else to be said there. They're weird animals.

I can't even begin to list all the bizarre things my cat does. For no reason. That she's never done before. That she might never do again. Just because she's f'ing weird!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 8"

OMG! Just the title of your post had me rolling
I'm trying to get out of here but I couldn't resist that one.

She might be mad at you for something? I had a cat that used to poop on the bathroom rug anytime I stayed out all night. Litter box could be spotless but if I wasn't home before sunup - poop in the rug. And, he would "cover" it by rolling the whole rug in a ball around the *present*

Or, did you say she's a mommy? She might be getting ready to show her kittens the ropes and leaving a "trail" for them to follow?

Last edited by yoyonomoreinvegas; 08-29-2008 at 06:22 PM.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I'd have to give her a bath to retaliate! hehehe
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:30 PM   #5  
Healthy mommy

And my title got edited!!! It's okay, I'll survive.

Cats are indeed effing weird animals. The cat I was speaking of eats fruits and vegetables, whereas my other cats will turn up their noses at such things. This particular cat would drag watermelon rinds out of the garbage and chew away at the rest of the watermelon flesh, as well as cantaloupe and grapes. She also likes lettuce and tomatoes. Lettuce and tomatoes that she usually attempts to snatch off of my plate (they are also AWFUL beggars, and the mommy kitty's kittens are following suit. They surround me and stare at me and WILL try to pull a fast one.)

Heeeh, yoyodieterinvegas, god I'm horrified now, so do I now need to expect my kittens will follow suit and pee on top of the stove as well? Wouldn't that be just lovely! That cat is just insane. I don't know why she would be mad at me, except that I pay her kittens more attention nowadays because well, kittens are so much cuter than adult cats. They just are. And she's just hideous with her one blind eye. The redneck down the road calls her "one eyed Willy."

This is random but not entirely unrelated: My boyfriend make the remark yesterday that I am the Pied Piper of cats, because they will often follow me and surround me as if I'm their leader. I've got two full grown cats and 4 kittens. Every single one of them came into the bedroom last night and jumped on the bed and surrounded me at every angle. I felt like I was being taken hostage.

Again, my cats are insane.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-29-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

I hope she isn't developing a urinary tract infection
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Not too long ago someone posted a very similar thread about a (potty trained also) cat peeing in a toaster.

I once had a cat pee on my back. I was living with my folks, and we switched to a covered littler box because the dog was snacking out of the catbox (mmm, yummy).

Well, out of sight, out of mind and we forgot to clean the litterbox. I was the only one home (but also the one who usually cleaned the litterbox), and the cat jumped onto my back (I was awake, but still in bed) and she started circling and marching - I thought to lie down and since I don't mind a cat lying on my back I didn't stop her. Then instead of lying down, she peed on me. I jumped up so fast, she hit the wall (hard enough to yowl pretty loudly) and I ran through the house, to the basement with the comforter in my arms, and in this order

Put jammies and comforter in washer
took shower
got dressed
started washer
cleaned litter box
checked to see if cat was hurt

Last edited by kaplods; 08-29-2008 at 07:07 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #8  
Determined to lose!

I had two cats for years (they died at 19 and 17) and NEVER did I allow them free range on my counter tops, stove or table! NOt where I prepare and eat my food! NOw, the couches, the computer desk, my bed... that is different!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Cats can't stand dirty litter boxes. They will not use them if they are let go. And, I've read that you need one litter box per cat plus one. So if you have 1 cat, you need 2 litter boxes. 2 cats, 3 litter boxes, and so on.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #10  
Healthy mommy

Pixiesue, please tell me more about the kitty UTI's or I will be forced to google about it, and god, I'm just so lazy. I want to make sure that stupid hideous cat is okay.

Kaplods, l-o-l! Cats are so crazy.

Loriann, yes I know I'm nasty and trailer-trashy for letting my cats roam everywhere, hahahaha. I know that sounds bad and unsanitary but I quickly scoop them off and yell "bad cat!" but they just DO NOT LISTEN. (I do use bleach cleanser on my countertops and tabletops though.) They are so friggin' bad.

I was considering getting a water bottle and spraying them with it everytime they're bad. Which would be bad for them, amusing for me.

Jayell, that would be like 6 litter boxes, and I don't have room for all of that. My two grown cats don't seem to have a problem using the same box, although one of the grown ones is the one mentioned in my original post, who all of a sudden decided to randomly give my stove a golden shower. (2 grown cats, 4 kittens, have to give 2 of the kits away. So that would be 4 litter boxes and I don't have room for that either.) I have read that also, though, and was horrified to think I might need that many litter boxes clogging up my home.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-29-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Jayell's definitely right!! My mom have used to have 4 or five cats and had adequate litter boxes. But if they were dirty...there was actually pee on the stove a couple times. These were trained cats, but there was a big difference when the littler boxes were kept spotless.
Kaplods, how icky for you!! My DH once had a cat pee on his leg. I've never seen him so furious. It probably didn't help that I laughed....
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I use a bottle sprayer or a little water gun to "train" my cats. All I have to do is touch it and they jump down, ha ha!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #13  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

As wierd as it sounds, I've had a number of kitty patients suddenly pee on a stove when they developed a UTI! Any unusual urinary behavior is a good reason to have a check-up performed, with a urine sample (obtained at home, or your vet can try and get a sample during the appointment if your little gal is cooperative). Good luck!
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #14  
Senior Member by the Sea

S/C/G: 275/175

Height: 5'6"

The first thing I thought of when I read your post headline was urinary tract infection. Peeing not in the litterbox is a symptom.

I've also had cats pee elsewhere when the box isn't clean, and one because she had kidney disease. Another because she was stressed when I first moved in with my husband and his dog. Never on a stove though!

They pee in odd places when something's not right. If it happens again, get her checked by the vet!
Farseashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #15  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

I agree with others here, could be a UTI... Get that checked! Though I think if my kitties did that my room mate wouldn't let them live long enough to go to the vet! She'd probably break it's neck right there!
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote