General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #1  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Unhappy Epilator = Pain / Need words of encouragement lol

Okay ... so I am using the epilator machine on my face. I have done my cheecks and some of my chin but I am down to my jaw. OMG! It hurts sooooo badly! I want to say forget it and shave but then I tell myself I have gotten this far I can't shave now. I need words of encouragement. Any recommendations? I tried ice to numb it, does NOT work and if it does on others how long did you leave the ice on there?
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

OUCH! Waxing is faster and less painful. You can get home waxing kits to save $$$. Good luck!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

My epilator went in the trash can years ago. Soulbliss is right. Waxing is much easier and safer.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SWEETIE ~ that is a very painful solution to your problem; there are many other ways to get rid of unwanted facial hair. You already mentioned shaving, but you can get special hair removal creams that you put on, wait a few minutes, then just wipe it away with a damp cloth.

My grandmother preferred a bleach cream that dyed the hairs on her face to a lighter, less noticable color. I have tried all three methods, and none of them hurt. I am not a big fan of the waxing, but it may not hurt as much as the one you are using ~LOL!

One of my favorite methods is the electric shaver; no pain at all and it is so fast too. I purchased a single foil one, perfect for ladies and the price was good too. Maybe you could go to your local drug store and ask them what other methods they would recommend; advances in theses products are being made all the time. Hope this helps ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-25-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

I have been having trouble with my epilator too...kinda wish I would have saved my money and not bought it. Hoping that with time I get more used to it...
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

I LOVE my epilator. It is painful at first but as you continue to use it it gets easier. Mine hardly bothers me at all now. I find waxing VERY painful and messy. I've never used ice.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #7  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

I can't wax because with waxing you have to grow the hair a certain length and my hair is dark so even a little stubble is noticable. I dont want to go out in public like that. Bleaching - tried it! I guess my hair is tooo dark but I did it twice thinking I did it wrong the first time nope, it does not help. I dont want to shave the hair I want to pull it from the root because that way it does not grow back as fast.

Any advice as to how people use the epilator on the jaw line?
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I use mine all the time, even on my armpits and I love it. You will get used to the discomfort after awhile.
Make sure you pull the skin taut, if at all loose it will hurt.
It never gets pain free but after the hair gets finer with use it comes out easier and so is less painful.
I would never use anything else. Cleaner than waxing. Last longer too!
I never use ice to numb the area either.
I dont know if there are any tricks to make it less painfull, everyone has a different pain threshhold.
It is worth it if you can tolerate it
Good luck
Isn't it awful that beauty is so painful all the time

Last edited by islandgrl; 11-26-2007 at 03:10 AM.
islandgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:52 AM   #9  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Since waxing and using an epilator work the same way (by pulling out hair fully, root included) when using either method, the hair grows back from either at the same rate.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

I swear by the epilator! I LOVE it, I never really found it all that painfull. I'm guessing I have a higher pain tolerance than most people. I use the epilator on my ENTIRE body, except my face, simply because I don't get facial hair (yay for being blonde). But if I did get facial hair, I would DEFINATLY use it on my face. My bestfriend uses her's on her face, she said the same thing, it's very painful around the jaw, but after she did it a few times, it wasn't so bad.
AMEN for the epilator!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote