General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #1  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Default Anybody watching Workout?

A new series about a pricey gym in LA and Jackie, its owner (including her personal life). I am totally hooked but I am not sure if I did not miss an episode? I saw the initial episode and then last night's, don't know if there was another one in between.
Actually, I only caught last night's because I wanted to watch X-Weighted but forgot that it was on at 8 pm and not at 9m (I was cooking and lost track of time).

I would love to be trained by one of the trainers at Sky Sports, but not at their current prices ($400 per hour?)
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

That show isn't actually new -- it's in its third season -- but I'm not sure how many episodes have been on this season. I think there have been at least three or four, but I haven't been keeping up. I saw the last two seasons of it, though. You may be able to catch the older episodes when they do a marathon or something on the weekend. The show is definitely more about the drama of the trainers' lives than about nutrition or exercise, but it's fun to watch anyway. Of course, I worry a little about how they train some of the really heavy clients. They make them run quite a bit, which isn't always something an obese person is ready for. People who have never been overweight never seem to really understand that you have to work up to the more intense activity! I can run over 10 miles at a time now (well, I could before I was pregnant), but when I was obese, I couldn't run 10 feet. I would have torn my ankles and knees apart if I'd tried to do what they make their clients do sometimes!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #3  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Thanks Lisa, I truly thought it was a new show. I guess it is "new" for us Canucks. I will be definitely watching for future episodes and seasons.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I caught a bit of the first two seasons, but have to admit that I'm quite disgusted with it now. For me it has turned into nothing but a trashy reality show. Maybe they've reformatted it for this season?

I will stick to my safe HGTV shows anyways.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #5  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Workout cracks me up! i didnt know the new season had started already. Man im way behind. I agree about what they make their heavy clients do, but i suppose that why they are paying so much an hour is to have thier butts kicked. I think i would cry if jackie trained me, but i did like peeler and i like renessa.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

hmmmm, i thought this year's season already ended??? i watched part of it where whathisname got fired and Jackie went on the cruise with her old GF???then i missed the rest.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Tomato - you could always get the gillian michaels dvds, and you'll feel like you have your own trainer. I like 30 day shred, shape up backside, and shape up full frontal.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #8  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys View Post
hmmmm, i thought this year's season already ended??? i watched part of it where whathisname got fired and Jackie went on the cruise with her old GF???then i missed the rest.
It did. Season three ended about a month ago, here in the states anyway.

And I liked it in season one, but agree that it's gotten way more sensationalistic and "typical reality show, let's swap partners and get drunk and make out" in nature as it's gone on.

But I so enjoyed season one that I keep checking back each new season to see if they bring back the focus on training and helping clients meet their goals.

This season, it just seemed like they were cramming in about ten minutes of that element every couple of episodes, just to be able to call it "Workout" anymore.

Ah, reality TV. Good stuff!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:11 AM   #9  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I got hooked on Workout too! I just wished they'd show more working with the clients and the actual working out than the makeout, drinking stuff.

But I was reading the discussion boards over at Bravo and the whole board was in an upROAR over the episode where Jackie and her "assistant" were overheard making fun of one client's breasts, turned out she was a breast cancer survivor. In fact it caused such dissent that I noticed that Propel pulled their endorsement and for future episodes the logo was blurred out.

Not to mention that Jackie's actual character visibly declines over the three seasons....she becomes an intolerable you-know-what, really nasty and inconsiderate of other people's feelings. Especially about Rebecca.

That being said, I'd still like to see the Jackie workout DVD, even though I'd feel bad about buying her products.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #10  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
But I was reading the discussion boards over at Bravo and the whole board was in an upROAR over the episode where Jackie and her "assistant" were overheard making fun of one client's breasts, turned out she was a breast cancer survivor. In fact it caused such dissent that I noticed that Propel pulled their endorsement and for future episodes the logo was blurred out.
Good.

I think that whole thing disgusted me even more than all of the drunken partner-switching makeout crap they do.

It was unprofessional, inappropriate, and instead of handling it well--owning up to the slip and apologizing publicly--Jackie fired the guy who called her out for having behaved so badly.

What a child!

Yeah. I'm glad Propel pulled out after that. I'm not at all surprised to hear there was an uproar on the message boards. It was pretty appalling.
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I watch Work Out and used to think Jackie was an inspiration, but NurseMichelle is right - she has become less and less appealing with each season. I find it gravely disappointing. I'm also not too partial to her longer hairstyle and she looks thinner/less muscular this third season than she did for the first two. I think as her show became more popular, the media tried to soften her up and turn the show into extra trashy reality TV.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote