3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Starlet Told to Gain Weight (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/146552-starlet-told-gain-weight.html)

vikkivma 07-16-2008 10:50 PM

Starlet Told to Gain Weight

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/n...transformers_2

Megan Fox is ordered to put on weight for upcoming Transformers sequel...

The world's sexiest female Megan Fox, has been ordered to gain weight for the up and coming Transformers sequel, because she's too skinny.

Transformers director Michael Bay has told Fox to add 10 pounds to her frame before she starts shooting the sequel later this summer.

Fox, who topped Fhm's annual poll of beauties, recently slimmed down for her role in the upcoming film Jennifer's Body.

The 22-year-old star told Fox News, "I'd lost a lot of weight and I got really scrawny, but I was told I had to put on a size for Transformers because Michael doesn't like skinny girls".

And it looks as though she's taking the advice very seriously: "I eat red velvet cake before I go to bed every night. If you eat meals later, you'll put on weight faster, so I had dinner at 10pm".

Before anyone rolls their eyes at her "plight" at having to gain weight, it's rather refreshing to see a healthier image being requested by a director.

Thought it might be a nice thing to share for weight loss support, for anyone who feels pressured by the "ideal Hollywood image".

ars 07-16-2008 10:55 PM

I thought the same thing when I read that article.

I actually have taken to watching a lot of British films, especially non-mainstream ones, as the people in them tend to look like real people.

cephalopod gal 07-16-2008 10:57 PM

This article makes me feel <3

horsey 07-17-2008 12:05 AM

http://fitnessblackbook.com/fitness-...ties-revealed/

Says she's about 5'6 and 112 lbs

Personally instead of eating cake before bed I think she should lift weights to gain muscle. Who declared her the world's sexiest female anyways? From her pics with scrungy jeans and tees in the websites I found she doesn't look that spectacular to me...

net knee 07-17-2008 12:05 AM

I sure can help her gain weight!! lol my old plan worked so well for me--proof is in the pictures!! But yes it is nice that they want more realistic looking women rather than stick figures in movies. I also think it's great that she is doing it and doesn't seem to po'd about it. She also admits that she got scrawny so clearly she has some sort of common sense (if anyone in hollywood still knows what that is!!).

horsey 07-17-2008 12:06 AM

http://www.meganfoxy.com/gallery/jenniferbody/

She's "skinny fat" look at the roll on her tummy in this pic....

SoulBliss 07-17-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsey (Post 2273342)
http://fitnessblackbook.com/fitness-...ties-revealed/

Personally instead of eating cake before bed I think she should lift weights to gain muscle. Who declared her the world's sexiest female anyways? From her pics with scrungy jeans and tees in the websites I found she doesn't look that spectacular to me...

Uh, did you check out any of the pics that you linked to? :o

She's pretty spectacular, even without fancy lighting, makeup, airbrushing and clothes (See the 1/2 nude pics near the water!).

UrsusMaritimus 07-17-2008 12:12 AM

I have no idea who this woman is, but it is heartening to hear that someone asked an actress to GAIN weight for a change...

Sunrose 07-17-2008 12:14 AM

I don't see any rolls.

SoulBliss 07-17-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunrose (Post 2273356)
I don't see any rolls.

99% of the women on this site and across America/UK/the World would LOVE to have that "roll" be the biggest issue.

I don't see a "roll" either, especially on the abdomen. I do see skin being pinched above the hip area where a skin tight small *wet* pair of hot pants is bunched up and causing a ripple in skin. Totally normal for that to happen!

UrsusMaritimus 07-17-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

I do see skin being pinched above the hip area where a skin tight small *wet* pair of hot pants is bunched up and causing a ripple in skin. Totally normal for that to happen!
Just one of the many reasons I refuse to allow myself to be photographed in wet hot pants. :)

SoulBliss 07-17-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrsusMaritimus (Post 2273371)
Just one of the many reasons I refuse to allow myself to be photographed in wet hot pants. :)

:lol: Yes, me too. I don't want to be bashed on a weight loss support forum for such things, so I avoid that too, or, if I was 5'6" tall and 112 pounds, I would. ;)

vikkivma 07-17-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

I thought the same thing when I read that article.

I actually have taken to watching a lot of British films, especially non-mainstream ones, as the people in them tend to look like real people.
Especially when you find so many awesome Ricky Gervais projects in the process.

Quote:

Wow - all the girls on that list are super skinny. It goes to show how out-of-whack perception is. On the other hand, Go Salma - I knew I loved her for a reason. And what's funny is she probably has the best body of the lot.

Megan Fox is an "It" girl right now. She was in the number one movie of last summer (Transformers). So you give men explosions and pretty girls in tight clothes and they're happy. I think she has stunning features, and I think she's very beautiful, but in my opinion she doesn't have the presence or the charisma of lasting sex symbols like Faye Dunnaway or Raquel Welch or Pam Grier or Salma Hayek. And what's funny is, all four of those women are probably considered "less beautiful" and yet are far sexier and more watchable (JMO).

Quote:

I sure can help her gain weight!! lol my old plan worked so well for me--proof is in the pictures!! But yes it is nice that they want more realistic looking women rather than stick figures in movies. I also think it's great that she is doing it and doesn't seem to po'd about it. She also admits that she got scrawny so clearly she has some sort of common sense (if anyone in hollywood still knows what that is!!).
I've seen some interviews with her, and she's clearly a very confident girl. Some people read it as arrogance, but they're not making millions of dollars, so it might be a bit of an unreliable opinion.

Either way, she seems to be smart enough to know how to keep a role, and what I think is most important is that a male director who makes a great deal of action films with leading ladies-of-the-moment (Scarlett Johansson, Kate Beckinsale, Liv Tyler) seems to like the women in his films to look curvy, rather than sickly. These are huge budget films, and if he wants girls to beef up a bit, I think it carries a lot of weight (pun intended, but it's a groaner, I know).

Quote:

She's "skinny fat" look at the roll on her tummy in this pic....
What's funny is that when she was 10 pounds heavier last year in Transformers, she was much more buff.

I think she may be joking about the red velvet cake, because she was pretty muscular in the first movie, and I'll bet the director was really asking for 5 pounds of weight and 5 pounds of muscle.

Quote:

I have no idea who this woman is, but it is heartening to hear that someone asked an actress to GAIN weight for a change...
Oh yeah - it was only a little while ago that Julianne More revealed that she has always been told she's too fat. I mean, talk about someone you would never say that about.

JayEll 07-17-2008 07:03 AM

Hello, folks! :wave: I just wanted to remind everyone that 3FC doesn't allow celebrity bashing--or really, bashing of anyone!--because of their weight, size, etc. :) Otherwise, the topic of Hollywood's warped view of women is a good one.

Jay

midwife 07-17-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrsusMaritimus (Post 2273371)

:rofl:

How did you know that was MY exact reason as well? :lol:

At any rate, let's be kind to Megan. She is a beautiful woman, IMHO, but even if we all don't share that opinion, it can be unkind to dissect her looks on our forum----which is all about supporting women (and men) in our quests for health.