3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Salon help!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/146426-salon-help.html)

Shopaholic1204 07-15-2008 12:29 PM

Salon help!!

I'm FINALLY getting a haircut today, and donate my hair to Locks of Love!! I'm so excited!! My hair is very thick and it's 12 inches long!! LoL!! Anyhoo..I was just wondering..which is cheaper...Mastercuts or Supercuts? I'm trying to save money for our move, and this is the only thing I'm allowing for myself.

SoulBliss 07-15-2008 12:35 PM

It's generous of you to do that. :) Search online to find out which is cheaper or who will do it for free, as prices and policies may vary by area.

Many places will cut hair for free when it's being donated. You may have to search to find one who will do it for "Locks of Love" though. All my stylist friends don't support that agency (due to misleading and shady practices about who gets the hair (it's not the cancer patients most think it is!) and selling hair etc.).

SunshineCA 07-15-2008 01:25 PM

I had a young client that donated her hair to Locks of Love every year. Her hair is long, thick and beautiful. She'd do it right before the summer so she wouldn't have to be bothered with it during the hot summer months. She's also a cancer survivor.

Anyway, the local Supercuts used to cut it for free. Maybe you can check with them or another place and let them know what you're doing. A plug for their business always is good to throw in. ;)

I admire your generosity. It's soooo needed! Way to go! :D

ladybugnessa 07-15-2008 01:28 PM

i used Wigs for Kids for my donations.

SunshineCA 07-15-2008 01:29 PM

Awesome Nessa! :)

Shopaholic1204 07-15-2008 01:34 PM

I'll check out the supercuts here then..

FrouFrou 07-15-2008 01:36 PM

Francie...ditto what Soulbliss said...check around because here too they will cut it for free when donating to Locks of Love. Good luck :hugs:

SoulBliss 07-15-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrouFrou (Post 2270845)
Francie...ditto what Soulbliss said...check around because here too they will cut it for free when donating to Locks of Love. Good luck :hugs:

When donating it in general (not specifically just to "Locks of Love"), many will do it for free.

I like "Wigs for Kids" too, Nessa. I think that the standards set out by "Locks of Love" are hard for many to meet (can't be grey, processed (colored or permed), damaged, must be 10 inches or longer) and contrary to popular beleif, cancer patients aren't usually considered as they give priority only to those suffering from permanent hair loss like burn victims and those with alopecia. Even then, they must pay for the wigs.

Anyway, I encourage people to look fully into donation options as there are reputable agencies out there.

Shopaholic1204 07-15-2008 06:05 PM

Well..I donated my hair today. I did it in memory of my mom. If you wanna see pics..check out the BIK thread.

SunshineCA 07-15-2008 08:14 PM

Awesome Shopaholic! :)

SoulBliss 07-15-2008 08:14 PM

You look adorable! :)