3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Anyone else watch this show? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/146124-anyone-else-watch-show.html)

Lunula 07-11-2008 07:31 PM

Anyone else watch this show?

I just started TiVo'ing a show on Discovery Health called "X-Weighted" about people trying to lose weight and I've found it quite interesting. The people get hooked up with this trainer/nutritionist (and sometimes a therapist, doctor, etc.) and they set goals. The show tracks them over a 3-6 month period.

I'm honestly finding it fascinating. It's so interesting to listen to the excuses & motivations of these people - and then see the hard work pay off in the end. Some of them, I've found myself saying, "They'll never keep it off because they have a bad attitude" and others I've wanted to write fan-mail to, LOL.

Anyway, it's an interesting show, nonetheless.

Kofarq 07-11-2008 08:21 PM

I love that show! It's Canadian, so probably not a lot of Chicks will get it. It's really motivating to see what a lot of work and discipline will do. I agree, though. Some of those people do have bad attitudes, and may only be going through the motions to be on TV!

rockstar87 07-11-2008 09:11 PM

I love this show too. What I find also is a lot of the time the participants significant others are very unsupportive. I can only imagine how hard that would make it on someone... I remember this one girl (who was actually doing very well) went to the bowling alley with her husband and her sister and brother-in-law and the husband was eating all this fried and greasy food while she drank water only. They interviewed him and he said "I don't really care what she eats or doesn't eat...she can do what she wants..." or something to that effect.

RealCdn 07-11-2008 10:40 PM

I watch it from time to time. It is quite interesting. I find myself early on trying to pick who will meet (or at least come close) to their goals, and who will just barely put in the effort.

rockstar - I remember that one. It was two sisters and it was like night and day between the two (one husband being really good, the other being an idiot). Although I think both guys were eating crap at the bowling alley, but only the one guy was nasty about it. I do remember thinking at the time that if this was somewhere they went all the time... duh... the gals could have brought something with them. Although I suspect most places wouldn't like it if there really isn't anything but fried food then they shouldn't be surprised when it happens.

Lunula 07-12-2008 01:11 PM

I just watched an episode where there were two girlfriends doing it together and they gave the trainer a lot of back-talk, lol. I just remember thinking, "They want to lose weight, but they aren't serious about losing it." - if that makes sense? It was like they thought just going on the show & getting a trainer would fix them, but what attitudes on them! I think it was worse because they did it together and they fed of each other.

I haven't seen the one with the husband in the bowling alley...I'm so glad my husband supports me in this.

Definitely a great show!

Tomato 07-12-2008 01:49 PM

Hi Lunula,

I watch X-weighted any time I can. I have a seen a number of episodes and just like you, I am often irritated by the unsupportive spouses/significant others. One of the episodes (that aired back in winter) about a drop-dead-gorgous chick (about 27 yrs old) who used to be a model and now was trying to get back to a modeling career as a plus-sized model. She was absolutely to die for. She did not need a whole lot to lose (although I believe the agencies really want a size 14 (!!!) for plus-size, and not a size 16 but she had one of the worst husbands or boyfriends or whatever he was. He did not appreciate her at all and I thought she would have been better off without his sour a** around.

Also, the trainer (Paul) always forces them to ditch peanut butter when he goes through their cupboards. I disagree with this. I often have a tablespoon of BP (mine has 85 cals per 1 tbsp) with sliced apple and I don't think it is as bad as he makes it sound.