3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   stolen laundry! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/145794-stolen-laundry.html)

chickybird 07-08-2008 12:56 AM

stolen laundry!

I'm just so mad! I live in an apartment, and someone stole my clothes out of the dryer. My one pair of jeans were in there (my comfy pair from Lane Bryant), my cute underwear, some summer shirts, and a cute new shirt I bought last week!!!!! I filed a police report, as pointless as that seems. My DH is being sweet, but you can tell he doesn't grasp the concept of "favorite jeans that were broken in just right and still made your tushy look good".
I know they're just clothes, but I'm so irritated right now! I'm just going to have to drive my laundry to my mom or MIL's houses to do it.
Thanks for listening chickies!

SoulBliss 07-08-2008 01:02 AM

That sucks. I am sorry! I remember this happening to my family when I was a kid and that story stuck with me all my life! I worried about leaving laundry from then on. :(

junebug41 07-08-2008 01:07 AM

That's terrible! There's a special **** for those who steal perfect fitting jeans! And who steals underwear???

I would be SO mad. When we lived in an apt that had coin machines in the basement, I would watch it like a hawk because we lived in a very "wicked" neighborhood, so having clothes stolen for drug money would have been par for the course.

After that experience, I told DF that no matter where we live, apt or not, there is to be a washer and dryer IN the unit. Of course, our washer and dryer in our apt now only holds a pair of pants and 2 shirts, but I'll take it any day!

blondebritbrat17 07-08-2008 01:10 AM

That's horrible! I'm so sorry that happened. Can you not get your own washer and dryer? That's why I hate laundromats/laundry centers!! I did without my own washer and dryer for one year and scrimped and saved to buy my own for the longest time since I hated it so much.

chickybird 07-08-2008 01:12 AM

Yeah, my apartment is literally next door to the laundry room, and I'm really prompt abotu getting my stuff out. A few weeks ago, some crazy neighbor lady was discovered throwing other people's clothing on the floor. Apparently it bugged that she had to share washing machines, so she'd take out people's stuffand dump it on the ground. My and 3 other neighbors ended up yelling at her and reporting her to the main office. My neighbors says she was nowhere near the laundry today though.
I now own only 5 pairs of underwear. Guess I'm shopping tomorrow....which I hate! I have to wait until payday to replace the other stuff. Thank gosh teachers have off in the summer, and I have a month before I have to find more slacks (which were also taken, grrr!)
Thanks guys!

chickybird 07-08-2008 01:14 AM

Hey Blondebritbrat:) I would go and buy my own washer/dryer in a heartbeat, but there aren't even W/D connections in our apartment. my mom and MIL are sweet about sharing though.

HarpoChicoGroucho 07-08-2008 01:19 AM

Boy, I'd be livid if that happened to me. I'd probably cry. Sorry that happened to you. Before I bought my own washer/dryer, my old apt had ONE washer/dryer (and they were tiny) for 16 units! I only washed my clothes in there once, really late at night, because that was really the only time I could get them in. I took my clothes home to my parent's house (35 miles away) twice a month. I made sure my next apt had W/D hookup so I could get my own machines.

GradPhase 07-08-2008 02:08 AM

Oh man, I've had THAT happen before! Living in the dorms really sucks sometimes - especially when my university has prices set on 2 dollars to wash and 2.50 to dry PER LOAD! So I completely understand! Luckily when it happened to my clothes (and half of boyfriends!) whichever neighbor stole them wasn't too embarrassed to return them. They realized it wasn't their own, and left it folded in the laundry room for the next day - still sucked a LOT though! It made me really self conscious about wearing any of the tshirts around campus since I had no idea who was kind enough to borrow and fold all of my laundry, including my unmentionables!! I didn't want my tshirts, or my panties to be recognizable!

Hopefully your apartment complex neighbors will also realize the error of their ways and return your stuff!!

chickybird 07-08-2008 03:01 AM

I'm hopeful, but I don't expect much. I have such a hard time finding clothes that I like and fit into. *grumble* It could have been worse--only one load of clothes was taken. Atleast I wasn't doing all of my laundry, which would have been like 4 loads!

preetyladyserenity 07-08-2008 05:47 AM

Oh I feel your pain. I don't know if our campus has a pervert or something but a matching set of cute underwear were stolen from my dryer a few days ago. I am pretty sure I had put it in the dryer and I fold my clothes one by one. To my surprise that day my purple lace underwear were missing. Still wonder who would want my knickers.

Hat Trick 07-08-2008 08:22 AM

Ack! I had this happen to me when I first moved out of my parent's house and into an apartment. The people who lived below me took my clothes -- what jerks! The guy was later arrested for dealing drugs so I guess my stolen clothes weren't the worst thing. My solution? I stopped doing laundry at my apartment and went to the laundrymat. I'd do a few loads all at once (using several machines) and just sit and wait until they were all washed and dried. I'd bring a book and just read until they were done; maybe two hrs. at the most. It didn't take anymore time than running in and out of the laundryroom at my apt. and I could keep an eye on my stuff.

bargoo 07-08-2008 09:06 AM

I have had that happen, too and at a laundromat. I can see where you might open the wrong dryer, but why would you keep them ? It is very frustrating!

SunshineCA 07-08-2008 12:46 PM

Still sounds like the crazy neighbor you guys had to report. She seems like the only one who would have any motive plus her history for messing with others laundry before.

Well,the good thing is you get to go shopping and update your wardrobe. Hopefully you can find the same pair of jeans and get them used to your tush like the other ones. ;)

G'luck! :)

StillTryin 07-08-2008 02:21 PM

I heard of this happening so the (thankfully) few times I had to use a laundry room like this I stay there and read! My clothes are not expensive but I hate shopping sometimes.lol

JulieJ08 07-08-2008 03:21 PM

Happened to me once in college (like I could afford to replace *anything*), but just a thought: a few years ago that happened to my niece at her apartment, then a week later the load was returned. I think someone took it by accident and either was too embarrassed to take it back or didn't even fold the laundry for a week ;)